Senior Backend Engineer
- East Bay, CA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
Want to save lives and make cities more resilient? At Safehub, we are reshaping catastrophe risk and resilience from individual buildings to portfolios. Through our SaaS/IoT solution, we provide real-time building-specific earthquake damage information to customers globally. In March 2021, Safehub raised a series A round from Silicon Valley’s top early-stage funds and investors. We have excellent traction, having developed our core product, and are working with fantastic early-adopting customers. Yet we’re still small enough to offer the ground-floor benefits of a venture-backed startup, including significant career growth and financial upside potential. You will join a strong team from diverse backgrounds, including PhDs and founders who have built previous companies in this domain. For more information, see www.safehub.io.
Safehub is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What you’ll do
At Safehub the Senior Backend Engineer will be maintaining and improving our cloud infrastructure. They will integrate a team of 5 engineers with computer science, electrical engineering and structural engineering background.
- You will work closely with embedded engineers to design and build robust services able to handle sensor to server communication
- Structural engineers will need your support to integrate their DSP algorithms to the cloud infrastructure, using a serverless approach
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience in the web industry
- Experience with Ruby or Python backend infrastructures
- Experience in IoT is preferable
- Willing to gain knowledge in earthquake engineering, digital signal processing and sensor design
- Be able to confidently understand classical mechanics concepts
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in computer science is preferred
- Solid knowledge of relational databases
- Ability to implement security best practices
About Safehub, Inc.
At Safehub, we are reshaping catastrophe risk and resilience from individual buildings to portfolios. Through our SaaS/IoT solution, we provide real-time building-specific earthquake damage information to customers globally.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.