Sapien makes it easier for people to mentally and physically prepare for surgery, and recover safely.
We remotely coach patients through their surgery by combining personalised digital guidance, smart connected devices, and access to an expert health coach for a human touch when the patient needs it.
The Sapien approach helps to deliver better clinical and financial outcomes, whilst providing a better experience for patients.
Why join us?
The Mission // We founded Sapien to do the most important work of our careers, and we are looking for people who share our beliefs and want to make a real dent in the global healthcare system.
The Team // Our founding team combines clinical science with consumer tech, backed by regulatory expertise - having worked for organisations such as the NHS, Huma and Spotify.
The Foundations // We have secured our initial funding providing 2 years of runway (Seed raise planned for 2021). In addition, we have multiple research studies in place to generate the evidence needed to accelerate the company's growth.
The Role // This is truly still “Day One” for us and you’ll be joining at a pivotal time for the company. The role will provide you with a great amount of accountability and opportunity to showcase your talent, whilst growing with the company.
Engineering at Sapien Health
1) We are a small team of product, design and engineering.
2) Highly collaborative from design > front-end > back-end.
3) Have a very lightweight process that answers two key questions (1) what’s the right thing to build? and (2) what’s the right way to build it?
4) Our primary focus right now is finding product-market fit but we operate in a space (healthcare) where we need to move quickly but with integrity.
5) We have a strong bias for infrastructure as code.
6) We understand that optimising the developer experience is a necessary prerequisite to building valuable products for our customers.
7) Our engineering culture and processes are still being defined and we are looking for someone to have an influence when they join.
1) Creating beautiful user experiences that instil trust with our users.
2) Designing and developing highly-secure, cloud-native solutions that handle patients’ medical data.
3) Codifying behavioural science techniques and combining them with data science to empower healthy behaviours by our users.
4)Making educated choices on which tools to build, borrow and buy.
You will get to work on building our first release of mobile and web apps that will be used as part of our pilot studies.
Building cross-platform mobile apps with real-time messaging and content delivery.
Working at Sapien Health
Quite simply, we are built on (1) hard work, (2) collaboration and (3) customer obsession.
Work from Home
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.