- New York, NY, United States
- $120k - $175k
- 0.05% - 0.25%
- React Native
Senior iOS Engineer
If you love big problems, making a real positive impact, and having strong ownership of the experience of the products you touch -- this is the role for you.
We're looking for an experienced, self-starting, iOS Developer who is passionate about building high-polish consumer applications. You are capable of rapidly building and iterating on mobile experiences in iOS, shipping products used by tens of thousands of users each day.
You will be managing a team of two mid-level iOS engineers.
- Build on top of the incredibly successful 1.0 app and build the next generation of productivity and collaboration features
- Collaborate with the Design Team to iterate on UI and UX including layout constraints to support the full range of devices
- Provide best practice leadership and mentorship to junior and mid-level iOS engineers
- Collaborate with the Development Team on any refinements or issues from the SDK
To be Successful, You Need:
- Strong self-starter and extremely organized.
- Insane curiosity across a wide array of topics. You must enjoy learning and teaching others; shared knowledge is important.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English.
- Ability to demonstrate strong design and UX taste through a portfolio of personal work.
- Ability to “fill in the blanks” in a static design to build a delightfully responsive experience without strong/detailed direction.
- Ability to communicate well-informed opinions through simple design.
- Expert in Swift and iOS development paradigms (MVC, MVVM, etc.)
- Background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; Bachelor degree preferred.
- OO design and programming experience or demonstrably strong understanding of OO design concepts (e.g., singletons, state machines, factories, registries).
- Ability to convert static Figma, Sketch or PSD to a pixel-perfect design.
- Strong understanding and use of REST services, JSON objects, secure coding concepts and memory management in iOS.
- Working knowledge of database concepts and SQL.
- Experience with Realm and/or Core Data (or any other iOS local storage library).
- Experience writing unit tests.
- Ability to script in Bash and Unix.
Bonus (Preferred but not required):
- Competency with AWS and Docker.
- Experience following standard Agile processes on Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence).
- Ability to record and edit compelling videos of a prototype.
- Literate in Python programming language.
Saturn is a New York based consumer technology company building community around the calendar. Starting in high schools, Saturn helps students manage complex schedules, share their schedules with others, and engage socially.
The app offers a real-time view of your schedule, allows you to share your schedule and view those of others, and is being developed to include a variety of social features. We are passionate about changing the way that people keep time.
We are currently live at hundreds of schools and are funded by some of the nation’s top venture investors. We are growing our user base and team quickly and are excited to share openings on our engineering team.
In short: we work very hard, and have an even better time. While we are well capitalized, we value scrappiness and have a get-sh*t-done attitude across the company. We love having fun while working, blasting music and as a team love late night work sessions. We are on a very fast moving adventure, good ideas can (and should) come from everyone, regardless of your role. We are a flat org, value collaboration, ambition, hard work, honesty, and lightheartedness.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.