- San Francisco, CA, United States
Scality is one of the most prominent FrenchTech startups, recognized throughout the industry for its technical leadership and its open-source contributions. Selected for the French Tech 120 #FT120, Scality is a worldwide leader in the space of software-defined storage. Scality has over 300 customers in more than 30 countries, including some of the largest telecom operators and banks, several TV stations, and over 30 hospitals. For its team members, Scality wants to be an exceptional employer with many benefits such as continuous education and sports budgets, donation matching, paternity leave worldwide, and many other benefits that go well beyond market standards. Scality is also a responsible company that invests heavily in room-to-room conferencing to minimize travel and compensates for all its travel-related carbon emissions.
Scality’s internal motto is: “Work hard, play hard, eat well, and amaze the customer!” “Eat well” really means “Enjoy Life” which Scality employees and leaders do very well!
Learn more about Scality on our Careers page. Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality. Follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news. #
About the Job
- Take part in object squad projects, and be involved in all steps of the life cycle, from design to implementation, testing, and production.
- Design, develop, test, maintain, and improve software while ensuring an amazing user experience.
- Develop practical, fault-tolerant high-performance distributed systems.
- Work with architects, POs, engineering, and GS leads to deliver the Scality roadmap.
- Use native Node.
- JS libraries for storage services and Golang for Kubernetes operators.
- Evolve into a subject matter expert in your area of responsibility # # Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 5+ years of combined experience in backend software development
- Experience working with Object Oriented languages such as Golang, NodeJS, or Python
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration (CI)/ Continuous Deployment (CD) environment.
- Strong skills around observability, debugging and performance tuning
- Exhibit care for software quality and all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Experience designing and building large scale reliable systems
- Experience in mentoring Junior engineers
- Orchestration: Kubernetes, docker, containerd, salt, ansible
- System: Linux,
- Distributed Systems: Redis, Kafka, MongoDB, Zookeeper, high availability, scaling
- Testing: Design, test plans, mocking, benchmarking, profiling
- Versioning: GitHub
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts clearly and simply
- Strong interpersonal skills working with engineers from junior to principal levels
- Work cross-functionally with product teams and Support Engineers
Scality, the world leader in object storage and distributed file systems, bridges the gap between application vendors, industry standard hardware providers and its customers’ storage scale, durability, cost, and performance requirements - with the Scality RING.
The company prides on being distributed, we have people working from Washington DC, NY, Paris, London and Tokyo, while giving the teams autonomy. People embody the motto
Work hard, Play Hard, Eat Well and Amaze the customer.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.