- Los Angeles, CA, United States
Hello, we're SEER. We're building a platform to power the future of content on the internet. You've probably never heard of us, but don't let that fool you... Our small-but-mighty team has operated quietly (and grown quickly) over the past two years while working with partners large and small. And now we're looking to bring a new Software Engineer into the fold.
As part of the Engineering team at SEER, you'll work directly with our founders and leadership team (along with the rest of the crew) to help define and execute on our engineering/software creation process. We are a team of thinkers and doers — ideas matter, but making them real matters more. We get along with folks who are entrepreneurially minded, willing to roll up their sleeves, and who believe in moving forward...always. If you have a clear vision of how you believe things should be built AND the technical chops to make it happen, you'll fit right in and find a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in shaping our product and our company culture.
Ideally, you're quick on your feet, a fast learner, and ready to get your hands dirty. You know when to use duct tape and when not to. You think like a hacker and ship like a pro. You don't mind owning your mistakes so we can all learn from them. And, hopefully, you're intrigued by the space we're playing in.
If this sounds like you, here are the boxes we’re looking to check...
Ideally, we expect you to have:
- 3-5 years of experience in software development with in-depth knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithm development.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute to Engineering teams and work alongside Product/Design teams to improve features, workflows, and/or the maintenance of a platform offering by identifying problems and suggesting and/or driving implementation of fixes or features.
- Experience with architecting, building, and launching large scale platforms.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups alike.
- Experience with architectural patterns and anti-patterns of large, high-scale consumer applications.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You’re excited about solving challenging problems, working in an always-changing environment, and collaborating with other people who share these traits.
- A college degree. Maybe a graduate degree. Or you simply worked your butt off to learn on the job.
Ideally, we expect you to be experienced with:
- Developing sophisticated REST APIs to manage ambitiously complex media assets
- Developing services utilizing Websockets and Socket.io
- Cloud infrastructure architecture and development, preferably AWS (Beanstalk, Elasticache, API Gateway, EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3)
- Relational databases (PostgreSQL ideal, other SQL acceptable)
- Machine learning and AI technologies, preferably with experience applying them in the real world
- CDN’s with considerations for Video Delivery
- Dev Ops processes using tools like: Git, Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines, CDN technologies, scripting, etc.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) practices as well as Automation and Unit Testing
- Concepts of serverless technologies (preferably AWS Lambda)
- Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
Ideally, we expect you to be:
- A servant leader: You place the team’s interests first. You’re quick to offer praise yet willing to hold yourself accountable for failures. At the same time, you know how to offer constructive and direct feedback to individuals on the team to help them improve.
- A problem solver: You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success. You approach challenges creatively, but methodically, sparking discussions as you work toward prioritizing and breaking down the steps toward solutions.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: When changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don’t have all the details. You’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the unknown. Risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
- Technically astute: You quickly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost, scared, and generally cowering in fetal position. Whether it’s product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you soak it up like a sponge.
- Passionate: You’re probably a borderline overachiever, but you’ve learned to put that to use building, architecting, and scaling cloud solutions.
If you join us, you will:
- Contribute to multiple projects with competing priorities, simultaneously. Our product/platform is growing and changing daily. You’ll be tasked with understanding the broader vision while helping to manage expectations.
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to evolve our platform.
- Use your experience and judgment to resolve problems on technical issues, and define, gather, & analyze metrics across our systems. You’ll be expected to be the champion of our end users and theirs while giving due consideration to our business needs and theirs.
- Identify opportunities for automation and continuous improvement across our toolset, platform, and internal processes to ensure that our technology is scalable.
- Provide clear communication to SEER Leadership regarding project status, issues, priorities, and opportunities.
- Dive deep into the technical details to guide key decisions, experiment with new technologies, and offer insight into opportunities to streamline our codebase.
Salary: commensurate with experience;
Job Type: Full-time;
Location: West Hollywood, CA
SEER is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. SEER is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
About SEER Technologies, LLC
We believe that all employees are the CEO of their own jobs.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.