- San Francisco
- $100k - $150k
- 0.25% - 1.00%
At Serenade, we're rethinking programming. Today, most people write code by sitting at a desk, memorizing a syntax that varies with different tools, and pushing buttons. And, doing so for long periods of time is known to cause physical pain. We'd know—we created Serenade after developing a repetitive strain injury (known as an RSI), common among people who use computers all day, that made typing incredibly painful.
We're building a future where everyone can write code with the highest-bandwidth input mechanism we have: our voice. Rather than remembering hundreds of shortcuts and incantations, Serenade enables everyone to write code using natural English speech. Not only can Serenade enable anyone with a physical limitation like an RSI to be fully productive again, but voice commands can also supercharge any workflow and increase productivity.
We're looking for breadth-first engineers ready to tackle a variety of challenges across our stack—from backend scaling to frontend performance to programming language theory. You'll play a critical role in evolving the nascent Serenade product into an essential tool for developers around the world.
Here's a sample of projects you'd be able to work on from day 1:
- Build on top of open-source technologies like Tree Sitter and the Language Server Protocol to iterate on our generalized code transformation platform.
- Implement new voice commands that seamlessly automate even the most complex workflows.
- Meet with developers using Serenade in their daily workflows to understand what works well & what doesn't, then build solutions.
- Create integrations with developers' favorite tools and iterate on our cross-platform Electron app.
- Scale our containerized backend to handle a rapidly-growing number of developers using Serenade.
And, here's a bit more about our product stack:
- Our backend consists of modern, containerized, JVM-based, gRPC services on top of AWS technologies like RDS, ElastiCache, and S3. We also use Rust for high-performance code parsing.
- Our frontend is an Electron-based app written using TypeScript and React alongside native node.js addons and cross-platform components written in Rust (e.g., for Win32 and X11).
- Whenever possible, we contribute back to the open-source community.
Serenade is an equal opportunity workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status, veteran status, etc.
We're building a future where everyone can write code with the highest-bandwidth input mechanism we have: our voice. Rather than remembering hundreds of shortcuts and incantations, Serenade enables everyone to write code using natural English speech. Not only does Serenade enable people with physical limitations like repetitive strain injuries to be fully productive again, but voice commands also supercharge any workflow and increase productivity.
As a small team, it's critical that everyone is able to take 100% responsibility for everything they're working on—we like the mantra
nothing is someone else's problem. We value open, direct, and respectful communication and close collaboration. At our scale, we also need everyone to fill a variety of roles and be comfortable figuring out solutions to ambiguous problems. That said, we're a small team, and so everyone who joins will naturally help us define our company culture.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.