Machine Learning Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $125k - $175k
- 0.25% - 1.00%
At Serenade, we're rethinking programming. Today, most people write code by sitting at a desk, memorizing a syntax that varies with different tools, and pushing buttons. And, doing so for long periods of time is known to cause physical pain. We'd know—we created Serenade after developing a repetitive strain injury (known as an RSI), common among people who use computers all day, that made typing incredibly painful.
We're building a future where everyone can write code with the highest-bandwidth input mechanism we have: our voice. Rather than remembering hundreds of shortcuts and incantations, Serenade enables everyone to write code using natural English speech. Not only can Serenade enable anyone with a physical limitation like an RSI to be fully productive again, but voice commands can also supercharge any workflow and increase productivity.
We're looking for machine learning engineers to iterate on our cutting edge ML systems, from our speech-to-code engine to our code prediction and transformation platform. You'll play a critical role in evolving the nascent Serenade product into an essential tool for developers around the world.
Here's a sample of projects you'd be able to work on from day 1:
- Architect transformer-based neural networks to model both code and natural English.
- Apply state of the art speech recognition techniques to our dataset to optimize the accuracy and performance of the product.
- Build on our training pipeline, which includes automatic labeling and seamless backtesting.
- Use semantic parsing techniques to enable deep understanding of user intent.
- Support a wide range of speakers and environments (e.g., noisy backgrounds, speaker identification, and so on).
And, here's a bit more about our ML stack:
- Our speech-to-code engine uses state of the art deep learning served using a containerized, gRPC streaming service written in C++ for maximum performance. We've also developed our own models trained specifically for programming.
- We use AWS services to automate our training pipeline, along with TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Whenever possible, we contribute back to the open-source community.
Serenade is an equal opportunity workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status, veteran status, etc.
Serenade enables developers to write code using natural speech. With Serenade, developers can use voice to add snippets, perform refactors, and automate workflows, rather than memorizing keyboard shortcuts and programming language syntax. Serenade aims to supercharge developer productivity—especially for those who may not be able to type for extended periods of time—and ultimately, empower anyone to code with voice.
As a small team, it's critical that everyone is able to take 100% responsibility for everything they're working on—we like the mantra
nothing is someone else's problem. We value open, direct, and respectful communication and close collaboration. At our scale, we also need everyone to fill a variety of roles and be comfortable figuring out solutions to ambiguous problems. That said, we're a small team, and so everyone who joins will naturally help us define our company culture.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.