Lead of Hub and Client Software Development
- New York, NY, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $150k - $250k
- 0.50% - 0.75%
This role will be responsible for leading the software development on the Siden Hub – home appliance offering a combination of an LTE / WiFi Gateway and an AndroidTV based video serving system for consumer homes. Responsibilities will span architecture of the software components of the Siden Hub, leading software development of the Siden Hub codebase, contributing to the development of the Siden App on AndroidTV, Android, and iOS platforms, and interfacing with the backend teams to execute an end-to-end content distribution and video delivery and entertainment service.
- Leading expertise and experience with key components of OS and middleware layer SDKs across at least Linux and Android, especially with regard to enabling use of devices as high performance local compute and media servers
- Solid experience with CDN and distributed cloud architectures, as instantiated on home appliances and user devices, including caches, local proxies, service discovery, real-time IP networking, client-sides of IP protocol stacks, and client-side containerization
- Experience with video services and OTT Video service transcoding, delivery, and serving is helpful
- Experience with interfacing wireless LTE / 5G device stacks, is helpful but not required
- Expert knowledge of Kotlin / Android / Java and C++, as well as any iOS for client-side code development, and immediate ability to develop and lead development of best in class client codebase
- Client side best security practices, including DRM management
- Development of client-side user applications across UI and UX, especially as applied to OTT Video services on popular home platforms like Amazon and Roku, are a plus
- Agile software development management and distributed team collaboration
Siden is a rapidly scaling company in stealth, with a cloud infrastructure as a service offering combined with an acclaimed home streaming video service, enabling wireless operators to market a rich home broadband offering to their users. We have a big bold mission of bringing this service to the over 1B home consumers globally which don't have access to home broadband today, but are clamoring for streaming video in their homes as TV evolves to be consumed 100% OTT. We also see consumers in the more developed economies eager to switch to an all-wireless home broadband service, away from a wired alternative. We are developing a best-in-class microservices architecture that powers our content distribution service as well as a SmartTV-like streaming video service for discovery and use of popular streaming video applications, available on AndroidTV, Android, and iOS. Siden will help unlock home Internet and streaming video for 100s of millions of users globally, and we need your help!
Our culture is full of team players that have an ownership mentality. Attention to detail and quality is pervasive throughout our team. We work remotely which lets us all enjoy the lack of commute and complete flexibility in work environment, while focusing on productivity toward an ambitious mission.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.