Lead of Hub Software Development
- New York, NY, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $150k - $250k
- 0.50% - 0.75%
This role will be responsible for leading the software development on the Siden Hub – home appliance offering a combination of an LTE / WiFi Gateway and an AndroidTV based video serving system for consumer homes - as well as software development of the Siden App. Siden's client offering includes the Siden App, which acts like a Smart TV OTT VOD video consumption application, across the Android TV, Android, and iOS platforms. Siden also runs a core software system process on the Siden Hub, which facilitates efficient video service delivery in the home.
Responsibilities will span architecture of the software components of the Siden Hub, leading engineering and software development of the Siden Hub codebase, leading and guiding the development of the Siden App across the major AndroidTV and Android and iOS smartphone and tablet platforms, and interfacing with the backend teams to execute an end-to-end video delivery and entertainment service.
- Experience with key components of OS and middleware layer SDKs across at least Linux and Android, especially with regard to enabling use of devices as high performance local compute, transcoding, and media servers is helpful
- Familiarity with CDN and distributed cloud architectures, as instantiated on home appliances and user devices, including caches, local proxies, service discovery, real-time IP networking, client-sides of IP protocol stacks, and client-side containerization
- Expert knowledge of Kotlin / Android / Java and / or iOS languages for client-side code development, and immediate ability to develop best in class client codebase
- Excitement for high quality consumer apps, with a focus on high quality UI and UX, usability, and clean bug and artifact free experience, with experience with OTT Video services on popular home and mobile platforms like Firestick, Netflix, and Roku, are a plus
- Client side best security practices, including DRM management
- Agile software development management and distributed team collaboration
- Not a jerk; not a prima donna nor pezzonovante
Siden, through its Siden App service and innovative content distribution platform, is delivering a high quality and compelling video service to homes over existing wireless networks without impacting the users data plan or wireless network capacity.
More than 50% of global households, over 1B in total, don’t have access to high speed fixed broadband, but have access to a mobile broadband service. Today, wireless operators and content providers can’t offer video services to these users or compete with cable providers since there's a 20x increase in traffic per home subscriber from OTT Video use on TVs, tablets, laptops, and smartphones in the homes.
Siden partners with wireless operators and content providers to deliver our Siden service to their subscribers, enabling a wireless home broadband service, unlocking $100Bs of revenue opportunity.
(Still in stealth so don't expect to find much on the Internet, but please see siden.io for some additional information)
Our culture is full of team players that have an ownership mentality. Attention to detail and quality is pervasive throughout our team. We work remotely which lets us all enjoy the lack of commute and complete flexibility in work environment, while focusing on productivity toward an ambitious mission.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.