Lead of Hub Software Development
- New York, NY, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $150k - $250k
- 0.50% - 0.75%
This role will be responsible for leading the software development on the Siden Hub – home appliance offering a combination of an LTE / WiFi Gateway and an AndroidTV based video serving system for consumer homes - as well as software development of the Siden App. Siden's client offering includes the Siden App, which acts like a Smart TV OTT VOD video consumption application, across the Android TV, Android, and iOS platforms. Siden also runs a core software system process on the Siden Hub, which facilitates efficient video service delivery in the home.
Responsibilities will span architecture of the software components of the Siden Hub, leading engineering and software development of the Siden Hub codebase, leading and guiding the development of the Siden App across the major AndroidTV and Android and iOS smartphone and tablet platforms, and interfacing with the backend teams to execute an end-to-end video delivery and entertainment service.
- Experience with key components of OS and middleware layer SDKs across at least Linux and Android, especially with regard to enabling use of devices as high performance local compute, transcoding, and media servers is helpful
- Familiarity with CDN and distributed cloud architectures, as instantiated on home appliances and user devices, including caches, local proxies, service discovery, real-time IP networking, client-sides of IP protocol stacks, and client-side containerization
- Expert knowledge of Kotlin / Android / Java and / or iOS languages for client-side code development, and immediate ability to develop best in class client codebase
- Excitement for high quality consumer apps, with a focus on high quality UI and UX, usability, and clean bug and artifact free experience, with experience with OTT Video services on popular home and mobile platforms like Firestick, Netflix, and Roku, are a plus
- Client side best security practices, including DRM management
- Agile software development management and distributed team collaboration
- Not a jerk; not a prima donna nor pezzonovante
Siden is a rapidly scaling company in stealth, with a cloud infrastructure as a service offering combined with an acclaimed home streaming video service, enabling wireless operators to market a rich home broadband offering to their users. We have a big bold mission of bringing this service to the over 1B home consumers globally which don't have access to home broadband today, but are clamoring for streaming video in their homes as TV evolves to be consumed 100% OTT. We also see consumers in the more developed economies eager to switch to an all-wireless home broadband service, away from a wired alternative. We are developing a best-in-class microservices architecture that powers our content distribution service as well as a SmartTV-like streaming video service for discovery and use of popular streaming video applications, available on AndroidTV, Android, and iOS. Siden will help unlock home Internet and streaming video for 100s of millions of users globally, and we need your help!
Our culture is full of team players that have an ownership mentality. Attention to detail and quality is pervasive throughout our team. We work remotely which lets us all enjoy the lack of commute and complete flexibility in work environment, while focusing on productivity toward an ambitious mission.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.