Senior iOS Engineer
- New York, NY, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $120k - $250k
- 0.25% - 0.50%
Siden operates a cloud / SaaS service for delivery of OTT VoD and HD Video services to homes, using existing wireless networks (ie. LTE) in a very cost and bandwidth effective manner. Today, well over 50% of households globally, over 1B in total, don’t have access to cable / fiber broadband, but could get home broadband from their wireless operators to access OTT Video in their homes. Meanwhile, wireless operators also want to offer home broadband to homes where cable / fiber broadband offerings are available, to provide their wireless users a more competitive alternative. Siden is partnering with wireless operators around the Siden App and Siden content distribution service, enabling them to offer a home broadband service and unlock a $100B revenue opportunity.
This role will be a key contributor to the software development of the Siden App and other key client software development for Siden. Siden's client offering includes the Siden App, which acts like a Smart TV OTT VOD video consumption application, across the Android TV, Android, and iOS platforms, and a core software system process on the Siden Hub. Siden Hub is a home appliance offering a combination of an LTE / WiFi Gateway and an AndroidTV based video serving system for consumer homes.
Responsibilities of this role will span development of the Siden App for the iOS platform, on a highly talented client team with extensive practical expertise and theoretical knowledge of both Android / Linux and client platforms and development methodology. The candidate will also contribute to the development of the Siden Hub system processes as relevant, as well as to the architecture of the Siden client apps and the Hub system process, and to interfacing with the backend teams to execute an end-to-end video delivery and content distribution service.
- Expert knowledge of Objective-C for client-side code development, and immediate ability to develop best in class client codebase; experience with Swift, React Native, and Flutter is interesting but not required.
- Excitement for high quality consumer apps, with a focus on high quality UI and UX, usability, and clean bug and artifact free experience, with experience with OTT Video services on popular home and mobile platforms like Firestick and Roku, are a plus
- Experience with key components of OS and middleware layer SDKs across at least iOS, but preferably also Linux and possibly Android, especially with regard to enabling the use of devices as high performance local compute, transcoding, and media servers is interesting but not required.
- Agile software development and distributed team collaboration
- Clean quality coding, clear documentation, and code management and release tools
Siden is a rapidly scaling company in stealth, with a cloud infrastructure as a service offering combined with an acclaimed home streaming video service, enabling wireless operators to market a rich home broadband offering to their users. We have a big bold mission of bringing this service to the over 1B home consumers globally which don't have access to home broadband today, but are clamoring for streaming video in their homes as TV evolves to be consumed 100% OTT. We also see consumers in the more developed economies eager to switch to an all-wireless home broadband service, away from a wired alternative. We are developing a best-in-class microservices architecture that powers our content distribution service as well as a SmartTV-like streaming video service for discovery and use of popular streaming video applications, available on AndroidTV, Android, and iOS. Siden will help unlock home Internet and streaming video for 100s of millions of users globally, and we need your help!
Our culture is full of team players that have an ownership mentality. Attention to detail and quality is pervasive throughout our team. We work remotely which lets us all enjoy the lack of commute and complete flexibility in work environment, while focusing on productivity toward an ambitious mission.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.