Siden operates a cloud service for delivery of an OTT VoD and other HD video services to homes, using existing wireless networks (ie. LTE) in a very cost and bandwidth effective manner. Today, well over 50% of households globally, over 1B in total, don’t have access to cable / fiber broadband, and therefore are precluded from watching OTT Video in their homes. Meanwhile, wireless operators want to bring OTT Video to households to compete with cable / fiber broadband providers. Siden is partnering with wireless operators around its Siden App and content distribution service, enabling them to offer a home broadband service and unlock a $100B revenue opportunity.
This role will be responsible for software development and engineering of the Siden App cloud service, essentially a backend reflective of those of popular OTT VOD and SmartTV services. In this role, you will be responsible for development of the data feeds, high volume APIs, analytics, recommendation engine, the CMS, and helping drive the interactions of the Siden App backend and the Siden content distribution service. The Siden App cloud service will be used by millions of users, including in many developing parts of the world, to discover and consume the most popular OTT VOD offerings on their TVs and mobile devices. The individual is a rising star with development of cloud services using microservices architectures, NoSQL databases, and possibly artificial intelligence and the video service delivery chain.
We are looking for candidates with strong experience across the following:
- Microservices architectures, concurrency patterns and memory management, sequel (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc) databases, and understanding of building flexible, scalable, high-performing, extensible, testable cloud system
- Familiarity with recommendation engines and other artificial intelligence driven systems is a plus
- Familiarity with performance focused back-end programming languages (Golang, Java, C++) is a plus
- Familiarity with video transcoding and the end-to-end video delivery chain is a plus
- Software development and implementation of CDN architectures and protocol driven systems, compute and storage clouds and devops services, and real-time IP networking are a plus
- Agile software development and distributed team collaboration
- Clean quality coding, clear documentation, and code management and release tools
- Releasing commercial grade software services and applications
- Leading or contributing to design and architecture of distributed cloud backends is a plus
- Not a jerk; not a prima donna nor pezzonovante
Please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Siden is a rapidly scaling company in stealth, with a cloud infrastructure as a service offering combined with an acclaimed home streaming video service, enabling wireless operators to market a rich home broadband offering to their users. We have a big bold mission of bringing this service to the over 1B home consumers globally which don't have access to home broadband today, but are clamoring for streaming video in their homes as TV evolves to be consumed 100% OTT. We also see consumers in the more developed economies eager to switch to an all-wireless home broadband service, away from a wired alternative. We are developing a best-in-class microservices architecture that powers our content distribution service as well as a SmartTV-like streaming video service for discovery and use of popular streaming video applications, available on AndroidTV, Android, and iOS. Siden will help unlock home Internet and streaming video for 100s of millions of users globally, and we need your help!
Our culture is full of team players that have an ownership mentality. Attention to detail and quality is pervasive throughout our team. We work remotely which lets us all enjoy the lack of commute and complete flexibility in work environment, while focusing on productivity toward an ambitious mission.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.