Siden operates a cloud service for delivery of an OTT VoD and other HD video services to homes, using existing wireless networks (ie. LTE) in a very cost and bandwidth effective manner. Today, well over 50% of households globally, over 1B in total, don’t have access to cable / fiber broadband, and therefore are precluded from watching OTT Video in their homes. Meanwhile, wireless operators want to bring OTT Video to households to compete with cable / fiber broadband providers. Siden is partnering with wireless operators around its Siden App and content distribution service, enabling them to offer a home broadband service and unlock a $100B revenue opportunity.
This role will be responsible for software development and engineering of the Siden App cloud service, essentially a backend reflective of those of popular OTT VOD and SmartTV services. In this role, you will be responsible for development of the data feeds, high volume APIs, analytics, recommendation engine, the CMS, and helping drive the interactions of the Siden App backend and the Siden content distribution service. The Siden App cloud service will be used by millions of users, including in many developing parts of the world, to discover and consume the most popular OTT VOD offerings on their TVs and mobile devices. The individual is a rising star with development of cloud services using microservices architectures, NoSQL databases, and possibly artificial intelligence and the video service delivery chain.
We are looking for candidates with strong experience across the following:
- Microservices architectures, concurrency patterns and memory management, sequel (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc) databases, and understanding of building flexible, scalable, high-performing, extensible, testable cloud system
- Familiarity with recommendation engines and other artificial intelligence driven systems is a plus
- Familiarity with performance focused back-end programming languages (Golang, Java, C++) is a plus
- Familiarity with video transcoding and the end-to-end video delivery chain is a plus
- Software development and implementation of CDN architectures and protocol driven systems, compute and storage clouds and devops services, and real-time IP networking are a plus
- Agile software development and distributed team collaboration
- Clean quality coding, clear documentation, and code management and release tools
- Releasing commercial grade software services and applications
- Leading or contributing to design and architecture of distributed cloud backends is a plus
- Not a jerk; not a prima donna nor pezzonovante
Please send us your resume to email@example.com.
Siden, through its Siden App service and innovative content distribution platform, is delivering a high quality and compelling video service to homes over existing wireless networks without impacting the users data plan or wireless network capacity.
More than 50% of global households, over 1B in total, don’t have access to high speed fixed broadband, but have access to a mobile broadband service. Today, wireless operators and content providers can’t offer video services to these users or compete with cable providers since there's a 20x increase in traffic per home subscriber from OTT Video use on TVs, tablets, laptops, and smartphones in the homes.
Siden partners with wireless operators and content providers to deliver our Siden service to their subscribers, enabling a wireless home broadband service, unlocking $100Bs of revenue opportunity.
(Still in stealth so don't expect to find much on the Internet, but please see siden.io for some additional information)
Our culture is full of team players that have an ownership mentality. Attention to detail and quality is pervasive throughout our team. We work remotely which lets us all enjoy the lack of commute and complete flexibility in work environment, while focusing on productivity toward an ambitious mission.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.