Senior Software Engineer - Content Distribution Engineering
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
Siden is a rapidly scaling company in stealth, with a cloud infrastructure as a service offering combined with an acclaimed home streaming video service, enabling wireless operators to market a rich home broadband offering to their users. We have a bold mission of bringing this service to the over 1B home consumers globally which don't have access to home broadband today, but are clamoring for streaming video in their homes as TV evolves to be consumed 100% OTT. We also see consumers in the more developed economies eager to switch to an all-wireless home broadband service, away from a wired alternative. We are developing a best-in-class microservices architecture that powers our content distribution service as well as a SmartTV-like streaming video service for discovery and use of popular streaming video applications, available on AndroidTV, Android, and iOS. Siden will help unlock home Internet and streaming video for 100s of millions of users globally, and we need your help!
This role will be responsible for contributing to software development and engineering of Siden’s content distribution and distributed cloud system – intelligently distributing video content to millions of users, as well as supporting OTT Video and other applications as a serverless, distributed cloud system. The individual will be an experienced engineer in the areas of distributed compute, real time IP networking, and software infrastructure. Familiarity with video services, and interfacing wireless LTE / 5G networks, is helpful but not required.
We are looking for candidates with experience across:
- Software development and implementation of CDN architectures and protocol driven systems, including proxies, caches, edge compute, DNS, load balancing, and leading protocol development and construction.
- Software engineering of compute and storage clouds (ie. Amazon Web Services), devops services, containerization, and familiarity with highly distributed cloud workloads
- Real-time IP networking experience, including using Websockets, real-time messaging frameworks like Kafka and RabbitMQ, services like Firebase and Kinesis, and real-time interfaces with large scale of distributed devices
- Microservices architectures, concurrency patterns and memory management, databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL,...) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra etc), and understanding of building flexible, scalable, high-performing, extensible, testable systems
- Statistics, algorithms, and complex optimization systems
- Performance focused back-end programming languages (Golang, Java, C++)
- Keen interest in machine learning and AI
- Video transcoding and the end-to-end video delivery chain, as well as wireless systems including Soft EPCs and 5G networks, are a plus
- Releasing commercial grade software services and applications
- Contributing to design and architecture of content distribution and distributed cloud systems
- Clean quality coding, clear documentation, and code management and release tools
- Agile software development and distributed team collaboration
Thank you for your interest in Siden. We look forward to connecting soon!
Siden is a rapidly scaling company, with a cloud infrastructure as a service offering, which enables wireless operators (MNOs) to win the home Internet market (with a global opportunity of over a billion homes). We achieve this by expanding MNO’s wireless capacity by 5-10x, enabling them to offer a fiber-like broadband service to homes, using their wireless networks. We have a bold mission of bringing this service to the over 1B home consumers globally, with wireless operators converting their billions of smartphone users and also enabling them to participate in the OTT Video revolution in the living rooms. We leverage edge caching, predictive AI, and underutilized network capacity using an entirely cloud-based content distribution service. We are developing a best-in-class cloud microservices architecture, as well as distributed caching appliances and an in-home Hub, which work together to fulfill content distribution for leading SVOD offerings watched on SmartTVs, smartphones, and the myriad of connected devices in the home. Siden will help unlock home Internet and streaming video for 100s of millions of users globally, and we need your help!
Our culture is full of team players that have an ownership mentality. Attention to detail and quality is pervasive throughout our team. We work remotely which lets us all enjoy the lack of commute and complete flexibility in work environment, while focusing on productivity toward an ambitious mission.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.