- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Google Cloud
Sigma is growing its small but mighty backend engineering team. We’re chiefly responsible for making data warehouses feel as nimble, accessible, and magical as a spreadsheet. You’ll work closely with the frontend, design, and product teams to build the engine that drives Sigma.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work directly with the founding team to support an interactive data analysis web application
- Build with modern tools and languages like Rust, Node.js, and Kubernetes
- Own, architect, and implement new systems to support our application
- Profile and tune our service for responsiveness and reliability
- Support our growing user community
- Make a product that people love
Qualifications We Need
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures
- A proven track record of building and maintaining high-quality software
- Experience building and deploying robust and secure web APIs
- Desire to be a great teammate and have fun at work
- Strong sense of craftsmanship, and a healthy academic curiosity
Qualifications We Want (also, skills you’ll learn!)
- 5+ years of experience
- SQL query optimization and database internals
- Compiler implementation and code generation
- Language design and implementation
- Statistical analysis and data visualization
- Distributed systems monitoring and profiling
- Knowledge of cloud application security models
- Administered cloud service infrastructure (esp. GCP)
Benefits and Perks
- Create your own setup (keyboard, mouse, headphones, coffee device, etc). Get what you need to make your job easier
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health benefits
- Pre-tax commuter plan
- MealPal plan and catered lunch Wednesdays
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Walking distance to BART, Muni, and CalTrain
- An experienced leadership team with top investors
- Lots of coffee (and of course tea, if that’s your thing)
About Sigma Computing
What We're Building
Sigma is the visual interface for your cloud data warehouse. With Sigma, nothing stands between you and your data. Our next-generation interface enables users of all backgrounds to explore, analyze, and visualize data without the help of a data specialist. Simple to use, easy to manage, and free to view. It’s time to break down the barriers to creating actionable analytics.
Life at Sigma
At Sigma, you’ll work closely with the co-founders, engineers, and designers to create an intuitive user experience that will make it simple for users to interact with, analyze and visualize data. You'll own substantial pieces of the product, from design to implementation.
We are a mighty team of 33 and growing! We have ten engineers and are looking to double our team within the next year. We have team members from Salesforce, Uber, Docker, and JPMorgan Chase. Our founders met as entrepreneurs in residence at Sutter Hill Ventures.
We value a scrappy and down to earth attitude toward work. We believe in going out of our way to make our product better and to help each other along the way.
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.