Simple Habit is a mental wellness & meditation platform. We were created in early 2016 by CEO/Founder Yunha Kim to help people live better, everyday. In just a couple of years, Simple Habit grew mostly organically to $5M in ARR. Shortly after, we raised $10M Series A round. In 2020, based on insights & learnings, we decided to launch a new line of product. Our mission has stayed the same; to help people live better.....but our focus has shifted to solving our users #1 wellness problem, sleep!
Did you know that almost 60% of adults suffer from insomnia? They struggle to fall asleep or sleep through the night, leading to inadequate sleep and a wide variety of negative symptoms during the day (anxiety, weight gain, irritability, depression). Our sleep program is a
first of it's kind wellness program that combines CBTI, content & 1:1 personalized sleep coaching to help adults sleep better, fast — without pills or side effects. And guess what? It works!
Why join us?
We’re tackling a big and common problem, sleep. We're solving it with a solution that has never been done before.
Participants in our Beta program rave about Sleep Ritual. Over 80% of our users improve sleep by week 4.
Although Sleep Ritual is new, Simple Habit is not — this comes with many benefits..
Simple Habit is backed by Foundation Capital, YCombinator, NEA, and a handful of prominent Angel Investors.
Engineering at Simple Habit
- We're a fast-moving, remote team of five developers from FAANG and startup backgrounds who are passionate about mental wellness and our users.
- Our engineers work directly with product, design and other stakeholders in agile processes.
- We highly value a growth mindset and believe there is always room for us to improve as individual developers, a team, and a company.
- We hire passionate, generalists and as our needs change there are opportunities to work across our mobile apps, data infrastructure, backend, and automation / coach enablement tools.
Building data pipelines to study user behavior in content consumption and in turn build better recommendation engine to guide user through our vast library of meditations; Revamp web frontend to provide experience tailored to web users; Scale our backend infrastructure to support the tremendous growth of our user base; Optimize the workflow in our mobile apps to help users form habit of meditating daily.
Build a recommendation engine and related dashboard to test out various algorithms and visualize the results.
Work with product manager and designer to push the iOS app forward in features and optimizing its workflow.
Study user behavior on web to see how it is different from mobile and use the result to build an unique web experience.
Working at Simple Habit
At Simple Habit, we believe in....
SELF CARE - Taking time for self-care should be encouraged, not stigmatized. We take care of ourselves so that we can perform our best.
INTEGRITY- We are always honest, ethical and fair. We are open and transparent, even with delivering bad news. It is unacceptable to take shortcuts that compromise our values.
DIVERSITY- Disagreements and diversity of thought are welcome. The quality of our decisions is dependent on the quality of debate. It’s important to understand other people’s perspectives in an effort to gain a new perspective and improve.
At Simple Habit, we value....
GROWTH MINDSET- We grow 1% every day We embrace humility. We are always looking for ways to learn from each other and the world around us. We are willing to admit failure and ask for feedback.
OWNERSHIP- We each have the power to make our company better We are all owners of this company. Every single one of us. We help each other, even if the task isn’t in our job description. We make it our responsibility to shape a better future for our company and world. We are proactive, we don’t wait for someone to tell us what to do. We hold ourselves accountable. It's never someone else's problem.
If you were to join Simple Habit, we'd want you to love it. Here's why you might NOT be excited...
- We're an early stage start-up. Currently in Beta with Sleep Ritual, we're pre-product market fit and aiming to launch in Q4 of 2021. If a less established company & experimenting isn't your thing, this might not be for you.
- We're small (15 people to be exact) - which means you'll not only be wearing multiple hats but you'll most likely be holding the hat of your partner and wearing their belt from time to time, too!
- This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do everyday
- Projects & priorities are likely to shift. And then shift again.
- Another company's mission gets you way more fired up
- You want a 9-5 job.
- You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos
As part of our commitment to an inclusive workplace, we are happy to offer prospective engineers the chance to connect with our engineering employees who come from underrepresented backgrounds. It’s a way to get a better sense of our team and what it might be like to work with us.
If you’re interested in connecting with our team, be sure to bring this up during one of our introductory calls!
Unlimited vacation and sick days
Most of our team works in the office from 9am-6pm but we encourage flexible work hours
We provide medical, dental, and vision coverage
We pitch in toward your gym membership or favorite yoga/spin/TRX class
We have happy hour each Friday and monthly team outings
Work from Home
Prioritizes diversity in hiring
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.