Software Engineer - Platform & Infrastructure
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
At Sisu, we're building a software platform that empowers people to make better decisions using data. Based on years of cutting-edge research at Stanford, Sisu enables users to quickly and comprehensively understand what’s driving their key metrics, so they never miss a window of opportunity to act.
Sisu leverages the massive amounts of data available within private, first-party data warehouses, which capture a real-time, structured view of organizational behavior. By monitoring the performance of key metrics like revenue, retention, and churn, and their relationships to interactions between key factors like user demographics, campaigns, and acquisition channels, we can help users make better decisions. The key problem Sisu solves is to help identify what’s driving change among this enormous feature and hypothesis space. To do so, we combine statistical analysis and machine learning at scale to provide users personalized, real-time diagnoses of changes in their metrics via an explainable, interpretable user interface.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of the Sisu Engine - a query processor that is optimized for hypothesis testing at a large scale with speeds of millions of records faster than any other system. You’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging technical problems combining data management, machine learning, distributed systems and develop key features that can be attributed to only a handful of engineers.
- Design, engineer, and operate Sisu's scalable parallel data processing engine, including distributed query processing, columnar execution, and streaming updates
- Develop novel and scalable systems combining hardware-accelerated data processing with machine learning and statistical hypothesis testing
- Technical leadership
- Shape the engineering culture through mentorship
- Build out our data plane
- Implement new analyses in our performance-critical data processing engine
- Optimize and scale data ingest and workload distribution
- Actively participate in customer POCs to optimize customer experience and adoption.
- Work collaboratively with multiple departments such as Sales, Marketing, and G&A.
- Fluency with a manual memory-managed language (C++, C, etc.) OR Rust
- Background in database internals or building core components for data processing systems (query compilation, query execution, storage engines, transaction processing)
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
About Sisu Data
Sisu is the fastest and most comprehensive way to diagnose why your most important business metrics are changing.
We're a team of creators and builders who have deep technical background but care deeply about applying hard technology to users and problems who stand to benefit most. As a result, we believe in building mind-blowing end-user product experiences via better technology.
We love working with other creative and curious technologists who are hungry to make an impact and keep learning. We believe in celebrating success but staying humble: after all, everyone can learn something new.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.