- San Francisco, CA, United States
At Sisu, we're building a software platform that empowers people to make better decisions using data. Based on years of cutting-edge research at Stanford, Sisu enables users to quickly and comprehensively understand what’s driving their key metrics, so they never miss a window of opportunity to act.
Sisu is a fundamental rearchitecture of how users interact with data. Instead of relying on users to tell us what they want to see, as in traditional dashboarding systems, Sisu predicts users’ intent based on their metrics of interest, past behaviors, and other organizations like them. We take this kind of predictive analysis for granted in consumer applications (e.g., Netflix, Google, Facebook), but the hardest interface design and ranking problems lie in making private data found in everyday organizations actionable. The key problem we’re solving as a first step in this direction is to help identify what’s driving change in key metrics like revenue, retention, and churn among the enormous set of factors like user demographics, campaigns, and acquisition channels. To do so, we combine statistical analysis and machine learning at scale to provide users personalized, real-time diagnoses of changes in their metrics via an explainable, interpretable user interface.
As a Sr. Full-stack Engineer, you’ll be a subject matter expert shaping the future of Sisu’s product interface - a web application that our customers will rely on to “get the facts” to make data driven decisions. You’ll have the opportunity to work on technical challenges including developing our information architecture and solving unique problems, including how to represent statistical data in a digestible way to end users of various knowledge levels.
What you'll do:
- Scale our Typescript / React / Redux front-end
- Provide technical leadership to drive consensus based on empirical evidence
- Navigate ambiguity with an open and curious cross-functional team
- Understand our end user (data analyst) to eventually build a general use product
- Craft a unique user experience that brings value to global brands. See Samsung and Upwork.
- Actively partner with product and design to architect user empowering interfaces with performance and scalability in mind
- Cultivate your design skills and transform Figma mocks into working prototypes
- Shape the engineering culture through mentorship as our small, dynamic team grows
- Actively participate in customer POCs to optimize customer experience and adoption
- Experience building user-facing products
- Expertise with React and Redux
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, and ES6
- Capable of coaching team members, by translating complex nuances related to the languages and libraries we use, in easy to understand terms.
- Proficient in utilizing and designing REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating internally with partner teams and externally with our customers and end users
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
Sisu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are working remote currently, but do intend to return to our office in SF when it is safe to do so.
About Sisu Data
Sisu is the fastest and most comprehensive way to diagnose why your most important business metrics are changing.
We're a team of creators and builders who have deep technical background but care deeply about applying hard technology to users and problems who stand to benefit most. As a result, we believe in building mind-blowing end-user product experiences via better technology.
We love working with other creative and curious technologists who are hungry to make an impact and keep learning. We believe in celebrating success but staying humble: after all, everyone can learn something new.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.