Senior Backend Engineer
At Sixgill, we’re solving core problems with existing machine learning pipelines, and designing the future of how people will collect, label, train, and deploy ML models across the globe. You will join a team of highly talented engineers, in the pursuit of architecting and implementing an end to end computer vision platform. You’ll be working with a team to build backend systems and functionality that handles end to end machine learning pipeline automation and data ingestion with Go, Docker, GPUs and IoT devices in never before seen ways.
- Develop backend services in Golang.
- Build REST and gRPC APIs.
- Identify solutions to engineering problems.
- Implement robust solutions on a team with other backend engineers.
- Build services for orchestrating and scaling GPU workloads.
- Very strong Golang skills, preferably 3+ years of Golang experience. Python experience is a plus.
- Experience with tests (unit, end-to-end, integration) in Golang.
- Experience using containers, container orchestration, and container configuration management using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Helm.
- Experience with job servers, event queuing, or stream processing systems.
- Experience with application observibility, logging, and monitoring systems such as Grafana, Stackdriver / Loki, Prometheus, and New Relic.
- Experience with CI/CD processes using technologies such as Jenkins, Github Actions, CircleCI, etc.
- Experience with Linux systems.
- Skilled in working in a fully remote team of talented engineers.
- Strong communication skills.
Additional experience in the following areas is a bonus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Familiarity with the latest in ML / AI frameworks. Pytorch / Detectron2, FastAI, Tensorflow experience a plus.
- Experience with video and image transcoding and manipulation. Libav / Libx264 experience is a huge plus. Familiarity with Ffmpeg and GStreamer are huge pluses.
Sixgill provides an industry-first AI IoT platform for end-to-end machine learning (ML) lifecycle management. The Sixgill Sense platform empowers enterprise executives, data scientists, and ML engineers with one unified system for computer vision and IoT solutions. In one powerful yet easy to use interface, AI/ML teams get integrated tools for device fleet management, machine learning model building with Sense data annotation, and flexible edge, cloud, on-premise or hybrid deployment. Sixgill accelerates the productionalization and success of AI-powered video, edge and IoT applications at any scale.
We are an all hands on deck team that cares. We will value your ideas, expertise, and leadership. There is very little bureaucracy in the way of getting things done.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.