- Toronto, ON, Canada
- $100k - $150k
- 0.1% - 0.5%
Canadian Expats: This role is based in Toronto. You'll be onsite while the team forms, with a transition to hybrid when it makes sense for the team
Shape the future of Web3
Decentralized applications are a fast-growing market expected to reach $368B+ by 2027 and Source is pioneering the foundational technologies to help it get there and go beyond. Source is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps people use every day. We are building the future of data management and are the first database provider to receive backing from Dwight Merriman the founder of MongoDB, the predominant cloud database and a global roster of Web3 investors. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer who is passionate about advancing the Web3 story using their engineering skills. This is a challenging role, working in partnership with our growth marketer and collaborating with co-founders, to drive the diffusion of Source technology.
This role is great for somebody who fundamentally loves technology and marketing.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of marketing applications, the systems integration of first and third-party software like Twitter, Telegram, Discord, Github, and source.network, the optimization of these systems, and depending on your interests, the development of applications on those platforms.
You'll be working on
- Developing applications and internal tooling to assist our marketing and growth teams.
- Connecting Source technology to marketing applications.
- Connecting Source, marketing applications, and Twitter, Telegram, Discord, Github, and source.network.
- Optimizing our marketing efforts via custom application.
- Development of applications on first and third-party software like Twitter, Telegram, Discord, Github, and source.network.
You're most likely to succeed in this role if you
- Have a passion for working on systems integrations and have exposure to topics such as marketing, Web3, Twitter, Telegram, Discord.
- Have experience building beautiful and easy-to-use user experiences, such as UIs and CIs.
- Have experience as an application developer and database user. You might have developed Jamstack applications, serverless applications, or conventional web apps.
- Familiarity with GraphQL and tools
- Experience building front-end UI experiences using React, Vue, or Angular
- Have participated in Open Source software development and/or communities
- Can make pragmatic design tradeoffs, balancing features, maintainability, and delivery time Experience building collaborative relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with - your teammates on challenging problems.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
Success in this role means
In the first month, you will join your growth team and start to learn about our growth strategy, software development workflow, and the architecture of DefraDB and complementary technologies. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology, company, and our culture.
As our team grows you will have the opportunity to not only shape the direction of technology development for growth marketing, but work alongside the founders to shape the future of the project and Source ecosystem as a whole. We want our users to have a phenomenal experience discovering our product and you play a crucial role in making learning about Source fun. We also offer technical training and experienced mentorship to help you learn and grow into whatever you wish it to be.
What we offer
- Work with a great team-building the future of Web3
- Keep company with leaders in Web3
- Flexible work arrangement
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited days off
- Great healthcare benefits
- Technology spending budget
- Competitive compensation, including equity
About Source Inc.
Source is a data management layer built for the decentralized web. Today's decentralized storage networks rely on centralized standards of data management; stifling Web3 innovation. Source brings data management into the fold and unlocks the true potential of decentralized networks. With it, data become interoperable; empowering developers to make apps and devices that talk to each other, users truly own their data, and information is cryptographically secured to ensure trust.
Strive for Excellence
Excellence is how we will build the future of the democratized and decentralized web. We strive for excellence in everything we do and are proud of pushing boundaries, thinking outside the box, continuously improving to produce great work.
Respect Each Other
We're different, and we may not always agree with one another, but we always accept each other. We communicate with an open mind, respect, and humility and appreciate a new or different perspective. In the long, run we know this will lead to better results.
We are at our best when we can bring our authentic self, and communicate openly and with honesty. This allows us to understand our successes and failures, and ultimately become better problem solvers.
We strongly believe that maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a balance between work-life enables us to be high performers and deliver exceptional results.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.