Senior Frontend Engineer
- East Bay, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- New York, NY, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Azure Cloud
Senior Frontend Engineer
*We are looking for a frontend engineering architect who is passionate about programming to lead the design and implementation of core frontend architecture at Sourcetable, a networked spreadsheet application. If you think like an architect but love to push code, and want to play a meaningful role at an early stage startup, then you might be the right person for the role.
The primary responsibilities for the role include architecting the frontend of Sourcetable’s spreadsheet application, and generally contributing to feature development (hands on keyboard). As an early employee you will be responsible for key parts of the engineering stack and directly involved in early engineering and product decisions.
The role requires creative implementation of specifications while working closely with Sourcetable’s CTO and the rest of the team to ensure awesome outcomes. Sourcetable is an environment where developers can write clean, encapsulated and tested code that results in great products.
We’re looking for engineers who bring new processes and ideas to the organization and can use open source and cloud technologies to solve technical challenges. Sourcetable’s mission is to make data accessible to everyone. We believe great user experience starts at the architectural level.
Performance Objectives (you will own):
- Architect frontend development of a real-time collaborative spreadsheet application
- Coordinate with backend engineers to implement client-side and server-side formula calculations
- Execute core roadmap features (hands on the keyboard)
- Scope and estimate core features of the application
- Understanding, present and balance tradeoffs that are required in a startup environment
- Write tests to ensure code quality
- Conduct code reviews
Our technology stack
- Azure / AWS
- Docker, Terraform
- CS Degree, or comparable technical experience
- 5+ Years Work experience
- Demonstrable experience consuming REST APIs
- Experience with databases and SQL
Experience working on real-time collaboration or messaging applications
What we value
- Startup experience; ideally, founding team or early engineer (<20 employees)
- 10x team members > 10x individuals
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with React.JS
- Familiarity with Unix / Linux environments
- Use engineering best practices Gitflow, CI/CD, Testing, Docker
- Familiarity with open source technologies and communities
- Demonstrated ability to learn continuously, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- 100k - 150k
- Meaningful equity
- Benefits: Health insurance, flexible PTO, etc.
- Must be U.S.-based and legally permitted to work in the U.S.
- Remote-first, PT time-zone desired, but not required (Sourcetable works on Pacific-time)
Sourcetable is a networked spreadsheet that makes it easy to connect, sync and query your data, without needing to know how to code.
Our users are typically non-technical knowledge workers (growth, operations, finance, marketing) who are doing analysis work in spreadsheets. They need to model data and do data mashups from a variety of sources (SaaS tools, Databases and APIs), and have those models update automatically.
They need solutions that are more dynamic, more networked, and more collaborative than present solutions on the market. They need Sourcetable.
We place a strong emphasis on shipping. If it doesn't ship then we haven't learned anything, and the faster we can learn the better. Customer service is important to us, as is a focus on building a business and solving people's real-world problems.
Everyone on the team has worked at multiple startups, so it's a big plus if you have experience working at an early stage startup (<20ppl).
- Azure Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.