Software Engineer, Back End - Data
- New York, NY, United States
- $110k - $160k
- 0.10% - 0.25%
- Google Cloud
Spate is your machine intelligence solution for finding the next big consumer trend.
Spate is a Y Combinator-backed company, founded by two ex-Googlers Yarden Horwitz and Olivier Zimmer who started Google's Trendspotting division and spotted trends such as face masks, turmeric and cold brew (ie Google Skin Care Trends Report, Google Food Trends Report).
How do we do this? We tap into publicly available consumer data (anonymous and aggregated) to identify exciting shifts in consumer behavior.
Spate is looking for a backend engineer to help us design and implement the next iteration of our data pipeline, storage, and API backing our SaaS platform.
You will work on:
- Optimizing our data pipeline and ETL process as we expand to new markets
- Architecting a data storage solution that can quickly serve our customers with the data they’re looking for
- Creating internal tools to help us manage our data processes
- Designing a new API serving our application and users with API access
- Ability to turn functional requirements into technical specifications and fully implement planned features and communicate progress
- Communicate a technical plan to team members
- Proven ability to manipulate data and data pipelines, at scale
- Proven ability to build scalable, cloud hosted, data serving APIs
- Comfortable building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for full-stack web applications
- Experience building systems at scale, using at least one backend language (Python preferred), on at least one cloud hosting system (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- A computer science, engineering or otherwise data-heavy technical education
Our Tech Stack
- Google Cloud Platform: BigQuery, AppEngine, Compute
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Flask, Python
We are a small team and you will have a chance to make a direct impact on our systems and product with ownership over the planning and implementation of your products. If this sounds like an interesting challenge to you then we’d like to meet with you!
- Join a well-funded & profitable company that is working with the top brands in beauty & food
- Work as an early-stage employee directly with the founders to set the direction of the company
- Grow in your role/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Always be up-to-date on the latest beauty trends
We enjoy a casual atmosphere, but our culture is about getting things done. We are passionate, yet pragmatic, when it comes to solving problems in a fast paced environment. Our standards are high but we thrive off of working with people we respect and can learn from. We’re flexible on work styles, as long as everyone is getting their work done - and getting it done well.
At Spate, we use data science to predict the next big consumer trend in beauty, wellness, and food. For example, we spotted Cold Brew or Turmeric before it was cool.
We enjoy a casual atmosphere, but our culture is about getting things done. We are passionate, yet pragmatic when it comes to solving problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.