- New York, NY, United States
- $125k - $175k
- 1.0% - 2.0%
- Google Cloud Platform
🚂 About Spectre
Spectre is the data marketplace of the future. We are aiming to be the primary system to discover, exchange, and manage data between organizations. We are working to launch an integrated data platform that facilitates the entire data transaction process from finding data to ingesting it into a data warehouse, thereby providing users with a seamless experience to procuring external data.
We are currently in the most early stages of the company building out the beta of our platform, so you would be truly joining at the ground floor. We're a small but mighty team of young professionals with a sincere passion for data, now building the data marketplace we wish we had access to in our previous jobs.
We are also advised by world class operators in the data industry who come with tremendous experience out in the field. Hailing from both the business and academic worlds, our team of advisors will be assisting us every step of the way - from early product development to go-to-market strategy.
💼 The Opportunity
As a Software Engineer, you'll work directly with our CEO and founding team to deliver user-facing features for our product. You will have complete ownership over the features you build, from ideation and design to development and production. We work in a product-focused environment, where engineers and PMs collaborate closely and everyone cares deeply about the end-user.
We're constantly pushing high-demand features, and you'll be able to define and implement a variety of key features for the product: some ideas on our roadmap include a scalable data transfer architecture to handle copying data between hundreds of cloud accounts in a secure and timely fashion, keyword and thematic dataset search for data exploration, and a consumer Python API for retrieving and interacting with datasets on the platform. These are all large scale projects involving various moving parts, so you will be doing highly impactful work.
🚀 You'll be excited about us if you...
- Love all things data — we are huge advocates of using data to drive opportunity and mitigate risk in the world.
- Thrive on collaboration and support — we don't mind jumping on a call to debug or help you walk through a challenge at a moment's notice.
- Desire significant responsibility in a fast paced startup environment — we are a lean team with a grand vision and as such, expect every member of the team to strive for excellence.
👩🏻💻 You'd be a great fit if you have...
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals (data structures, databases, algorithms, etc).
- Experience in building and instrumenting high performance and scalable systems.
- Familiarity with data engineering architecture and design.
- Familiarity building large-scale, full-stack web apps (React, Python Flask, and Postgres).
- Focus on software quality, design, testing, and documentation.
Spectre aims to be the primary system to discover, exchange, and manage data between organizations. By launching an integrated data platform that facilitates the entire data transaction process from discovery to delivery, Spectre will provide users with a seamless experience to procuring external data and will be well positioned to becoming the center of the data ecosystem.
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.