- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- $175k - $200k
- 0.010% - 0.075%
As a Senior backend engineer at StackRox, you’ll be working on core services of the StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform, helping our customers safely run the worlds-largest commercial Kubernetes clusters in private and public clouds. Our engineering team is small enough that you’ll be able to make an immediate impact on the product and architecture, as well as engineering processes. With the Kubernetes adoption rapidly spreading around the world, the team constantly faces new challenges like creating scalable architecture, improving performance to support high workloads, making our microservices fault-tolerant and available, ensuring smooth deployment for both Kubernetes experts and early adopters. This is an opportunity for you to grow and make an impact in shaping the future of security in a containerized world with Kubernetes emerging as a leader.
- Design, build and maintain core backend services and APIs for StackRox Platform, while solving a wide spectrum of problems in data collection, processing, storage and presentation via APIs.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers and designers to shape, build and improve features, sub-systems and services.
- Own areas of the product, lead their design and long-term health.
- Assist support team in troubleshooting and resolving production deployment issues to make our customers successful.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes. & Have the opportunity to build a personal brand and strengthen the company brand through technical blog posts and open-source contributions.
We Would Love To Talk To You If You:
- Are exceptional with Java, Python, C/C++, or Golang, though, we care about your overall general engineering skills versus a specific knowledge.
- Enjoy practicing collaboration on design and rigorous code reviews.
- Are committed to delivering high quality, maintainable software.
- Have experience building extensible and maintainable APIs.
- Have an understanding of distributed systems and best design practices for scalable systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts. StackRox engineers work with Sales, Support, and Marketing to produce outstanding results such as our blog.
StackRox is a Sequoia-backed startup that helps secure container and Kubernetes environments at scale. The StackRox Kubernetes Security Platform enables security and DevOps teams to enforce their compliance and security policies across the entire container life cycle, from build to deploy to runtime.
We work in a very collaborative environment and have transparency into all department activities via slack channels and open calendars. We trust each other to get their work done and ask for help, if needed. Our team has a great attitude in tackling challenges. We genuinely want each other to succeed and grow professionally. Our Engineering team works by the motto,
Be Excellent To Each Other! (In reference to the comedy, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.