Standard Cyborg is adding to our team of people who are passionate about multiplying the potential of the real world. We enable teams to build, test, and deploy perception applications by giving them a workspace and set of tools to quickly and seamlessly capture, interact with, and better understand spatial data. If you want to work at a company who is building a fundamental layer of tools to enable a better future, welcome to Standard Cyborg.
What you’ll do:
As a junior data engineer, you will work with our machine learning team to deliver tools and solutions to customers. You'll work with massive datasets, operationalizing and productizing machine learning workflows, and contributing to internal tools to accelerate future projects.
We’re looking for:
- Strong experience with Python
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Strong attention to detail and a critical and analytical perspective
- Ambitious and willing to learn quickly: you’ll need to quickly ramp up, with our team’s help, on machine learning and computer vision to be successful in this role
- Experience on a data science team and with data workflows in a production environment is a plus
- Can take broad requirements and timelines for the product, define and refine them, and drive them to completion.
- Cares deeply about the craft and quality of what you build and hold yourself to intrinsic standards.
- Is motivated by impact. Strives to solve problems that make a real impact for our customers beyond technical novelty.
- Has strong fundamental IQ/EQ with a track record of high quality work, and a passion for learning.
Standard Cyborg is a close-knit team motivated by curiosity and a passion for meeting meaningful, real-world needs. Our team is original, humble, enthusiastic, and ready to spend the next several years advancing the state of the art in Computer Vision. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to building this culture.
Questions? Send Garrett an email: email@example.com
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Culture of learning and development with monthly learning budget
Our hiring practices:
*** You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. At Standard Cyborg, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. We’re playing the long game - we care more about your slope than your y-intercept.
Standard Cyborg is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
About Standard Cyborg
The computer vision machine learning tools of yesterday were fragmented, incomplete, and inaccessible to nearly all developers. Standard Cyborg is founded on the belief that computer vision should be accessible to all and that there is immense potential to be unlocked by bridging the gap between bits and atoms.
Hackers, students, startups and large companies use our tools to build, test, and deploy computer vision machine learning applications without having to chain together a series of incompatible data types, and products.
Simply put, we solve some of the hardest and most central problems in computer vision infrastructure so our customers can build amazing things faster.
Standard Cyborg is a close-knit team motivated by curiosity and a passion for meeting meaningful, real-world needs. Our team is original, humble, enthusiastic, and ready to spend the next several years advancing the state of the art in Computer Vision ML. We're looking for others that deeply value these traits and see themselves actively contributing to building this culture.
We value originality in thought and humility in our convictions.
We’re endlessly curious and tenacious in our effort to make the complex field of computer vision approachable, humane, and easy to deploy for our customers.
We believe that great product design with high quality tooling, documentation, and examples are the best way to achieve that.
We are pragmatic, not dogmatic. No ideas are taken personally, and all ideas are open to discussion.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.