- Silicon Valley, CA, United States
- Palo Alto, CA, United States
- React Native
- Google Cloud Platform
Step is a next-generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step’s mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has an extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for an experienced Software Engineer working on all data related projects: data pipelines, data science and data analytics projects.
Things You Will Work On
- Build and scale systems to retrieve, process and make available internal and external datasets.
- Design and build data queries and visualizations to support product and operational activities.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, data discrepancies, alerts etc
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business issues
- Build and implement data solutions to help drive strategic business decisions.
- Leverage both new and existing data to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our risk infrastructure.
- Specify, design, build and test data processing software.
- Build, test and monitor data retrieval and cleansing pipelines.
- Partner with operations to quickly respond to rapidly evolving events.
- Help build the next generation of data products at Step.
Ideal Candidate Would Have
- 3+ years experience in software engineering, ideally in data-intensive systems.
- A graduate degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Bias towards simple solutions that work.
- Preferred: experience working on financial systems, fraud and risk modeling.
- Preferred: experience developing and deploying machine learning / deep learning solutions.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing
- Office right next to Caltrain
Mission: Improve the financial future of the next generation
Step is the next generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step is founded by a team with 50+ years in combined financial technology experience. Our mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey.
Step gives you a free bank account with zero fees. Track your balance and see your transactions from the Step mobile app. You can also send and receive money instantly on your phone, shop with a personalized spending card and earn rewards for inviting your friends to Step.
Customer Focused Build products that better our customer’s financial journey, always putting them first.
Transparency Always be open about our business, intentions, and actions. This applies to our customers, business partners, and employees.
Security We must approach every product and platform decision with customer and employee data protection at the forefront.
Execution Move quickly with precision and purpose. Be disciplined. Be nimble. Iterate and improve.
Integrity Honesty, righteousness, and fairness. Strong moral principles. Be accountable.
- React Native
- Google Cloud Platform
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.