Product Engineer

Remote, San Francisco, CA, United States • $130k - $180k

Streamlit


Role Locations

  • Remote
  • San Francisco, CA, United States

Compensation

$130k - $180k

Employees

11 - 25 people

Address

777 Oak St
San Francisco, CA, 94117-2516, US

Tech Stack

  • Python
  • React
  • TypeScript
  • Protobufs

Role Description

Looking for an engineer who will be embedded in the Product and Design team, polishing the Streamlit product, maintaining our website/docs/blog, maintaining our design system, and helping spec out product features.

Requirements:

  1. At least 3 years of work experience with React and general JS/HTML/CSS frontends.
  2. Great eye for design and product, plus a strong desire for getting all the small details just right.
    • Ability to take a design that is 80% specced-out and figure out the other 20%.
    • Ability use a product, find areas that need polish, and just go ahead and implement improvements.

Bonus points:

  1. Experience with data visualization
  2. Experience working as a product manager or designer
  3. Less relevant, but also a bonus: experience with Python, data science, machine learning

Example projects and tasks:

  1. Set up and maintain a common design system for Streamlit:
    • Pull Streamlit's and Streamlit Cloud's existing widgets/components into a common design system
    • Modify both Streamlit and Streamlit Cloud to use the new design system.
    • Iterate on the design system both in terms of code and visual design.
  2. Constantly improve Streamlit website, developer documentation, and blog.
    • Implement new user experiences (new pages, interactive explainers walking users through our products, etc)
    • Maintain existing infrastructure, CI/CD, tests, etc.
    • Be a core voice in our visual design, storytelling, and content structure
  3. Use Streamlit products with the rest of the Product team and propose & implement product/visual polish.

    Found a div whose margin is off by a few pixels? Found a widget using the wrong shade of gray? Found a janky transition from one screen to another? Bypass our normal processes and just sent out a PR to fix it.

About Streamlit

We build developer tools for Machine Learning and Data Science engineers. Our first product is an open source app framework that makes it ridiculously easy to build apps by just adding a couple of lines of code to existing Python scripts.

We’re a diverse, collaborative team of elite technologists from Google, X, Twitter, Carnegie Mellon Computer Science, and Stanford Business School. We have funding from top VCs like GGV Capital and Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI Investment Arm), and we’re growing quickly. If you’re passionate about ML/data science, we want to talk to you!

Company Culture

We love what we do, but we also value life outside of work: half of us have young children, some of us block our calendars to go running. That means we don't do nights and weekends, and no crunch time. Instead, we believe in coming up with plans that are feasible within the available time, and execute them to a T.

Interested in this role?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.