Senior / Staff Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $125k - $175k
- 0.5% - 1.0%
As a Senior / Staff Software Engineer at Strive, your main areas of ownership will be:
- Engineering Mentorship & Development - You'll help scale out domain expertise to the rest of the team. You have strong demonstrable knowledge in both how to ship on a day to day, as well as the theoretical foundations of code: e.g. We could probably use a SAT solver here instead.
- Domain Modeling - You'll help evaluate changes and scale the database tier.
- Architecture - You'll help Strive's Engineering Lead define and mold the operational and software architecture
- Feature Development - You'll be the owner of many large features, and the primary driver of getting those features done. You love to ship products, and also love driving towards clear and concise code.
Our desired qualifications are:
- 5-10 years of software engineering experience, ideally including work building systems to scale at fast-paced startups
- Python experience in a production environment
- Structured problem solver
- High conscientiousness, with strong follow through – organized, detail-oriented and rigorous
- Strong work ethic and discipline – ready to both work smart and hard
- Clear communicator, particularly written
- Flexible and highly adaptable in a fast-faced, evolving environment
At Strive we build products and programs to transform managers into leaders, helping them build meaning, belonging and opportunity for themselves and their teams.
Strive's remote-friendly, cohort-based training experience combines 360 assessments, Zoom-based classes led by vetted executive coaches, application challenges and ongoing nudges to ensure learners don't just absorb lessons in a classroom but actually change their behavior in the real world. 90% of participants and 100% of buyers say they would be disappointed if they could no longer learn through Strive. Large companies (Pinterest, Intuit) and growth-stage startups (Chime, TripActions, Guild) alike use Strive to develop emerging leaders.
Strive was founded in 2017 with a founding team from YouTube, Minerva, LinkedIn, Target and Amazon.
We care deeply about what we're building because we know it really matters. We're looking for missionaries, not mercenaries, to join the team.
We work hard, act as owners, discuss and debate ideas, obsess over solving customer and candidate problems, and laugh a lot along the way.
We value deep work, having company-wide
Deep Work Wednesday (no meetings) and try hard to stack all meetings for engineers on Mondays and Thursdays to provide large, uninterrupted blocks of time.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.