- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
- Elasitc Beastalk
- React Native
Summary: A Senior Engineer - iOS Native is responsible for building, testing, and debugging/troubleshooting our native iOS applications for online ordering. They share responsibilities regarding infrastructure and take the lead on continuous integration and deployment, as well as driving standards with Lead Engineers and the rest of the department.
It is expected that a Senior Engineer will promote strong design principles as they relate to scalability, disposable resources, automation, loose coupling, service oriented design, databases, removing single points of failure, cache, cost, and security.
Core Work Activities:
- Development: Supports development of features in sweetgreen's native iOS products by understanding + translating project requirements, using DRY, SOLID + YAGNI code design principles to write code, review + test code, and troubleshooting open issues + bug-fixes. Calls for and implements continuous integration and deployment in all projects. Prepares testing infrastructure and processes to empower the rest of the teams and company to contribute feedback.
- Maintenance: Monitors performance of native iOS applications, documenting issues, escalating complex issues and resolving moderate issues.
- Prioritization: Supports multiple stories at once and prioritizes simultaneously to meet critical deadlines.
- Agile Methodology: Participates in agile teams supporting company objectives + key results (OKRs).
Minimum Qualifications for Successful Performance:
- Advanced knowledge of Obj-C and Swift programming language.
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, and Kanban.
- Thorough grasp of best practices across all focus areas in technology (e.g., Client, server, automation, deployment, QA).
- Familiarity with FastLane framework for managing deployments.
- Proficiency with iOS libraries and frameworks.
- Expert-level knowledge in modern mobile development practices
- Proficiency with AWS’ offering.
- A strong desire to experiment with bleeding edge technology and understand relating market trends.
- Strong problem solving, communication and negotiating skills.
- Minimum of one public App release in the App store.
- Strong time management.
- 5+ years developing and leading large-scale technology initiatives.
- A degree in computer science or a related field is preferred.
- Experience building applications and websites for world recognized brands where load and scale have been a focus.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing RESTful APIs.
- Experience deploying website and mobile application A/B testing.
Founded in 2007, sweetgreen passionately believes that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day, across its 100 restaurants, over 4,000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. sweetgreen’s strong food ethos and investment in local communities have enabled them to grow into a national brand with a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food.
Over the next few years, we are expanding our restaurant + market footprint, as well as our digital penetration – to meet customers where they are. Aside from improving our customers’ and communities’ relationship with food, we are also changing the way they interact with the restaurants.
Online + app ordering revenue is increasing at a rate of ~50% year over year. Additionally, 44% of in-store payments were processed through the sweetgreen app in 2018. This is an incredible opportunity to join the company as we expand into new markets and new avenues of product delivery. Now is the time to accelerate sweetgreen’s growth, and in the process, radically transform the fast-casual restaurant industry.
At sweetgreen our business evolves every day and so do our roles. At any given time any team member has a variety of different roles that they play in order to help us achieve our goals. We also believe that it’s a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes. There is no standard definition of what an Engineer is or does, and depending on where you’re coming from things might look a little different.
We value, encourage, and support diversity in backgrounds and opinions. We are human, fallible, life-long learners - we make mistakes from which we learn and grow. We partner with Product, Design, Data, IT, Operations, and Business stakeholders in long-term ownership of the solutions we build to improve the lives of our customers.
Our mission within Engineering is to create, operate, and continually improve upon software critical to the overall sweetgreen mission. We provide technical expertise, guidance, and vision to our partners and stakeholders in order to inform sustainable thinking across sweetgreen.
Our sincere vision is to be a world-class engineering organization leading the food experience revolution.
- Ruby on Rails
- Elasitc Beastalk
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.