Swing Education is in the education technology space with an immediate focus on tackling the substitute teacher shortage problem.
Our online platform makes it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work associated with managing a pool of substitute teachers (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.). Our network provides subs with a wider range of work opportunities to gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing is a revenue generating, Series B, Y Combinator company (through ImagineK12).
We are looking to grow our engineering team with engineers that have broad interests and want a chance to participate in many aspects of the business and want to help contribute to the broader goal of helping schools operate more efficiently. We are looking for a front-end engineer to help us focus on the usability, consistency, and visual aesthetics of our product. You will both help build new features and improve existing features with an emphasis on minimizing user confusion.
- Product features: Design and implement features in a performant, structured manner on our web (and eventually mobile) platform. Work collaboratively with our product and design teams to prioritize work and help make trade-offs between complexity, correctness, and time to implement. Translate design and product specifications into code, anticipating future potential use cases. This may involve some light server-side/back-end work.
- Front-end Infrastructure: Help design, maintain, and standardize usage of re-usable components. Help other engineers operate more efficiently by building proper abstractions. Help guide and evolve our application-side storage and routing.
- Our primary applications are interactive ClojureScript web applications built on Reagent (which is a ClojureScript wrapper around React)
- Our backend API is written in Clojure and our primary data store is Datomic. All day-to-day development will be in Clojure.
- Please note that previous Clojure experience is not a requirement but is a nice-to-have. We are confident in our ability to train as needed and that engineers will enjoy working in Clojure.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or other associated technical field.
- Experience doing front-end engineering work
- Experience working with designers or UI/UX background
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance, communicate and prioritize well.
- Experience in SQL, Datalog or related data query languages
- Previous Clojure, Clojurescript, Datomic, or Lisp-based language experience
- Previous experience building/deploying UI component libraries
- Previous mobile development experience via React Native
- Previous edtech, startup, or online marketplace experience
- New user onboarding and first touch tailoring experience
About Swing Education
End-to-end solution that helps schools offload tedious work associated with finding substitute teachers such as year-round recruiting, fingerprinting, permitting, onboarding, and payment to substitute teachers.
We are a mission driven edtech company. The focus is always on our users and how we can help schools operate more efficiently and save time. Many projects are cross-functional in nature and require working closely with other teams to ensure successful deployment.
Work-life balance and DNI are baked into our company DNA. Many employees, including all founders, have young children and understand family comes first. Diversity and inclusion is important to us and we have the stats to back it up, 57% female and 26% under-represented minorities.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.