Tailwind is the leading Visual Marketing platform for Pinterest and Instagram. We are used by over 500,000 brands and businesses to drive ROI across their business.
Full Stack Product Developer New York, NY, United States or Oklahoma City, OK, United States
Mobile Engineer New York, NY, United States
Why join us?
Growth — We're growing quickly, at over 100% year-over-year, and we're profitable. We care deeply about our customers, and build our product to actually makes their lives better. This is why our churn is close to 0%, and our average NPS score is above 9. Sustaining this and continuing to scale it won't be easy though - we could really use your help :)
Culture — Our team and culture is our #1 priority, by far. We use an open, transparent compensation system. Strong focus on developer growth and support - lots of team collaboration and pair programming, active code reviews, bi-weekly lunch-and-learns, open source contributions encouraged, etc. You can learn more about what it's like to work at Tailwind here.
Visual Marketing — Pinterest and Instagram are growing incredibly quickly. Traditional marketing tools, however, have been slow to adapt to these platforms. We've built the right tools, and businesses that use our tools see a tremendous amount of success on these platforms.
How we're different — There are a lot of marketing tools that give you data, but don't make it actionable. We look at what's happening, and then actually tell you what it means, give you recommendations about what to do about it, and help you do it. This enables small businesses to compete against the Fortune 500 companies with teams of data scientists and quantitative marketers.
Engineering at Tailwind
• Work with huge amounts of data at scale (30TB+), database tables with millions and billions of rows.
• Exciting high-growth product, with many technical challenges including scale and leveraging advanced technologies (ML, NLP, computer vision..)
• Always something new - majority of dev work is in building new innovative features and capabilities. Features you build will be used by thousands of engaged users each day.
• Always improving and evolving our stack - currently establishing React as our primary front-end framework, exploring React Native for mobile.
• Team mates expected to take ownership/responsibility out of the gate. New team members will be pushing code on day 1.
• Very agile development process, deploying many times each day.
• Strong focus on customers and product innovation - engineers are intimately involved in the product development and decision-making processes, from direct access to our customers and participating in customer research, to product roadmapping, implementation, testing, shipping, measuring, iteration, etc.
• Ability to work with exclusive Pinterest and Instagram APIs at scale as an official partner of both platforms.
Working at Tailwind
Our team and culture is our #1 priority, by far. Here's what you should know:
• What it's like to work at Tailwind: https://youtu.be/eWomhOFVau8
• We value building a smart, talented, and passionate team - always challenging one another and learning from each other.
• Open, transparent compensation system: https://www.tailwindapp.com/about/open-compensation
• Emphasis on equity ownership.
• Strong tech culture and focus on developer growth and support - lots of team collaboration and pair programming, active code reviews, bi-weekly lunch-and-learns, open source contributions encouraged, etc. We are a product/tech company.
• We really really care about our customers, and it shows: https://twitter.com/TailwindApp/timelines/562716474574635008
Here's the main things we value:
• Growth: We aim to go to bed better every night. We support each other’s growth. We build with an eye to the future, not the present.
• Transparency: Being transparent helps us do the right thing. Transparency shines a light on our mistakes, so we can fix them faster.
• Bravery: We strive to change the world for the better, even if it’s hard. We assume all things are possible. We dare to live a life of yes.
• Inclusion: We build things that empower the many. Everyone is welcomed, regardless of what they look like, where they come from, who they love, or what they believe.
• Ownership: We are all owners (literally). We take responsibility and don’t pass blame. We don’t rest until the problem is solved.
• Performance: We focus on adding value. If we’re not adding value, we’re not doing our job.
We provide full medical and dental coverage, as well as with life insurance options
Work from Home
If you need to work from home for any reason every once in a while (your child gets sick, you have a furniture delivery, your car is in the shop, etc.) it's not a problem at all! Our unwritten policy is to make an effort to work in the office with the rest of the team as much as possible (it's important for people to show up!). And if you're going to be away for any reason, that's totally cool; just make sure that others are made aware and that you're considerate of any impact it might have on the rest of the team!
Since we have 2 offices, members of the team have an opportunity to travel in order to spend time with teammates in the other office!
Yes, we offer 401(k) plans!
Several times a year, our team travels in to our OKC office for the entire team to get together, usually for a full week. These weeks are usually packed with events, meals, and all sorts of other team activities.
While we don't have daily catered meals or a chef on staff (yet), there's always an abundance of snacks and drinks in the office. The NYC office also has
light bitewednesdays where a new kind of snack or lunch is brought in by our awesome office manager each week.
Our teams do all sorts of activities from time to time, especially when teammates are visiting from another office. Whether it's playing a game of Catan, going out to a trivia night at a bar, or having a ping-pong tournament, we're not shy about hanging out to blow off some steam!
If you're coming from out of state, we'd be happy to offer a stipend in order to cover or assist with most relocation costs, as well as other efforts to make the process as smooth as possible!
We ❤️ pets! Our office in OKC is totally pet-friendly!
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.