- New York, NY, United States
Tailwind serves over 200,000 of the world’s marketers -- mostly in small and medium businesses. Our software makes visual marketing on Pinterest and Instagram easier and more effective, that’s why our members love us.
We’re looking for an experience Mobile Developer to join New York City based software engineering team.
About you: • You’re passionate about building mobile applications people love. • You have exceptional analytical skills, are a creative out-of-the-box thinker, and are comfortable with quickly learning, evaluating, and deploying new technologies. • You love data. • You work well with your colleagues and have the humility to learn from them and the talent to teach them. • You don’t want to be another cog in the wheel. • You're a doer, builder and self-starter, and the thought of an entrepreneurial endeavor doesn't scare you -- it excites you.
Desired skills & experience • You can help us build our first Android app or make our iOS app even better. The value you can contribute to the team is much more important to us than years of experience or titles. • You’ve made Android apps before and you know the pitfalls to avoid. • You’re a huge fan of testing and understand how much time automated testing can save in the long run. • You’re also comfortable working in an agile development environment, where requirements and goals might rapidly evolve as we listen to and learn from our users. • While we are looking for a mobile developer for this role, the ability to work across our stack will set candidates apart and offer greater flexibility for future work.
Bonus points for • React Native • Strong Dev-Ops skill • Active Open Source contribution • Product Design / UX experience • Creating / Scaling APIs
What you’ll be doing... • You'll be expected to dive into our stack and toolkit, and start shipping code on day one; immediately having the opportunity to shape and influence the direction of the product, the team and the company as a whole in a big way.
Your Responsibilities • You will be shaping the first Android mobile experience for the Tailwind community. You will help decide how we build our application, from the ground up. • Implement best practices for developing Android applications that target multiple devices and platform versions. • Find positive ways to impact our engineering culture and the way we build. • Challenge yourself with difficult problems without being afraid to fail and learn from your mistakes. • Take on responsibility and ownership of our product and stretch yourself to become a better all-around developer • Actively look for ways to share your experience and knowledge with the team; we frequently hold Lunch & Learns on everything from React best practices to Sketch for Developers.
More about Tailwind • We are all owners (literally): We take responsibility, don’t pass blame, and don’t rest until the problem is solved
• We're growing quickly: We’re doubling in size year-over-year, and are consistently profitable
• We care deeply about customers and build our product to actually makes their lives better, which is why our net churn is near 0%, and our average NPS score is a 9
• We set audacious goals and tackle challenges daily, which leaves no room for ego or a sense of entitlement
• We’re multi-office: Most of our team members work in our headquarters in Oklahoma City, while many of us call our New York City office home. We also have a few remote members in Australia, Seattle, and North Carolina
• We’re radically transparent: The entire team has visibility into our roadmap, financials, compensation formula and Board level discussions, and is invited to contribute to “executive-level” decisions on a regular basis. We give and receive unfiltered feedback in real-time, trusting in each other that it’s all with the goal of improving ourselves, our product and our company as quickly as possible. Remember: we’re all owners.
• We’re a growing team of 25+ that blends deep early stage DNA (team + alumni have started 17 companies, and helped build 18 other startups) with industry expertise born out of leading names in tech and marketing such as Google, YouTube, AOL, A Weber, Wildfire, a la mode, BigWing Interactive, Yodle and AT&T interactive
• We believe our industry’s lack of diversity hurts us all and work hard to foster a company culture that’s inclusive and appreciative of everyone’s talent, authenticity, and ideas — regardless of our differences
Learn more about life at Tailwind: https://www.tailwindapp.com/careers
PLEASE NOTE: We have implemented a uniquely transparent compensation model based on our culture and values. You can learn more about our Tailwind Open Compensation System here: www.tailwindapp.com/about/open-compensation.
While applying, we'll ask you for your target compensation level; we use this question strictly to screen out candidates who are not feasible hires based on our compensation system. It will not / does not impact what we offer any candidate.
Tailwind is the leading Visual Marketing platform for Pinterest and Instagram. We are used by over 500,000 brands and businesses to drive ROI across their business.
Our team and culture is our #1 priority, by far. Here's what you should know:
• What it's like to work at Tailwind: https://youtu.be/eWomhOFVau8
• We value building a smart, talented, and passionate team - always challenging one another and learning from each other.
• Open, transparent compensation system: https://www.tailwindapp.com/about/open-compensation
• Emphasis on equity ownership.
• Strong tech culture and focus on developer growth and support - lots of team collaboration and pair programming, active code reviews, bi-weekly lunch-and-learns, open source contributions encouraged, etc. We are a product/tech company.
• We really really care about our customers, and it shows: https://twitter.com/TailwindApp/timelines/562716474574635008
Here's the main things we value:
• Growth: We aim to go to bed better every night. We support each other’s growth. We build with an eye to the future, not the present.
• Transparency: Being transparent helps us do the right thing. Transparency shines a light on our mistakes, so we can fix them faster.
• Bravery: We strive to change the world for the better, even if it’s hard. We assume all things are possible. We dare to live a life of yes.
• Inclusion: We build things that empower the many. Everyone is welcomed, regardless of what they look like, where they come from, who they love, or what they believe.
• Ownership: We are all owners (literally). We take responsibility and don’t pass blame. We don’t rest until the problem is solved.
• Performance: We focus on adding value. If we’re not adding value, we’re not doing our job.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.