Full Stack Engineer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- $90k - $145k
- 0.009% - 0.031%
Taplytics is currently seeking a Full Stack Engineer to manage a team of bright engineers and help us tackle unique technical challenges! We run at a very large scale on AWS delivering experiences to billions of devices, requiring unique scaling solutions. We are consistently iterating and improving our systems and workflows to improve how we develop code with a focus on producing the best product possible.
At Taplytics we’re building software for teams like our own. Our product team gets to use our own tools day-in and day-out. We find it extremely fun and rewarding to build something to make our own lives better, as well as the lives of our friends and colleagues.
To learn more about our platform, you can check out our Youtube page here!
About the Role: Full Stack Engineer
Taplytics is growing and is looking to expand the team by adding a Full Stack Engineer with either a back end or front end focus. This is a chance to level up your skills as an Engineer by tackling the huge challenge of managing our scale. We operate using a microservice architecture with many services built using Node.js, React.js, and Python. Our microservices are powered by various backend systems, including: MongoDB, Snowflake, Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and ElasticSearch. We run at a large scale on AWS delivering experiences to billions of devices, requiring unique scaling solutions. We are consistently iterating and improving our systems and workflows to improve how we develop code with a focus on producing the best product possible.
How you’ll make a huge impact:
- Collaborate with our team to design, build, and maintain our distributed high availability microservices
- Write elegant yet strong code that will be at the core of our offering
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment
- Embrace the challenges of dealing with building and maintaining servers and applications that power our client's applications
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously
- Optimize operations procedures and help get our deployments 100% automated
- Keep our services running by participating in a rotational on-call schedule
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- Previous experience in software development
- Post secondary education in Computer Science or related field is an asset
- High volume, high availability experience
- Experience deploying and maintaining continuous integration and deployment
- A deeply rooted love for testing and a handle on testing strategies
- Some experience with server-side development and deployment
Born at Y Combinator, we take a modern approach to feature management and A/B testing. Our platform is used by the world’s biggest brands, serves billions of customers, and manages trillions of events. Taplytics helps product and development teams create, manage, and measure performance throughout the customer journey, across any platform - all within a single environment.
We pride ourselves on having an open, collaborative culture of passionate and focused team members who have fun while doing the best work of their careers. We have a product & engineering-driven culture with three of our co-founders coming from an Engineering background. Engineering is the largest team, making up almost 50% of our organization. Our engineering leadership team has created an atmosphere where they can create really cool stuff instead of just maintaining legacy systems. Moreover, you’re building them for really cool companies.
We also have a strong culture of learning. On top of our educational credit program, where we cover 90% of the cost for employees to upskill outside of work, the engineering department also hosts bi-weekly engineering lunch & learn and weekly company-wide engineering demo happy hours.
Work-life balance. We don’t glamorize overworking. We understand that we’re a team, not a family. We understand our employees have a life outside of work and we make sure our employees make use of our generous vacation policy to take time off for themselves and spend more time with their loved ones. This is critical to be able to refresh and do the best work of their careers here at Taplytics.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.