Engineering Team Lead
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Montréal, QC, Canada
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- $165k - $185k
- 0.087% - 0.087%
Taplytics is currently seeking an Engineering Team Lead to manage a team of bright engineers and help us tackle unique technical challenges! We run at a very large scale on AWS delivering experiences to billions of devices, requiring unique scaling solutions. We are consistently iterating and improving our systems and workflows to improve how we develop code with a focus on producing the best product possible.
At Taplytics we’re building software for teams like our own. Our product team gets to use our own tools day-in and day-out. We find it extremely fun and rewarding to build something to make our own lives better, as well as the lives of our friends and colleagues.
To learn more about our platform, you can check out our Youtube page here!
About the Role: Engineering Team Lead
As our Engineering Team Lead, you’ll get to lead and manage a team of talented Software Engineers working together to build and expand our A/B Testing and Feature Flag solutions Taplytics will rely on you to manage the individual growth of your team members, plan upcoming projects, and increase operational efficiency. You’ll also be delivering on technical requirements, from time to time.
Here’s a breakdown:
Leadership: You'll motivate, coach, mentor, and grow a team of developers, ensuring they feel that they are advancing in their roles and know what they need to do to succeed.
Team Delivery: You’ll help the team accomplish its objectives with precision and speed using an Agile mindset. You will collaborate closely with your partners in Design and Product Management to build a roadmap for your team and contribute to the prioritization of business goals and technical direction.
Personal Delivery: You’ll remain a contributor to the codebase, aiming to spend 20 - 30% of your time writing and reviewing code.
Our microservices are powered by various backend systems, including: MongoDB, Snowflake, Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and ElasticSearch.
How you’ll make a huge impact:
- Accelerate the team by focusing them on the highest priorities and removing roadblocks.
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment.
- 1:1s with your team members to give and gather feedback on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the business.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings.
- Actively work to inform and be informed, keeping all stakeholders up to date.
- Own agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with the team to improve processes and policies such as team meetings, tech debt management, and education programs.
- Participate in the recruiting and onboarding process for the team.
- Contribute to the codebase, technical tasks, and code reviews.
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously.
- Be accountable for overall team output.
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- At least 5 years experience in the field.
- Previous experience in a leadership role or leading projects would be an asset, but not required. We’re also open to a software engineer with the desire to get into a management track.
- Experience with high volume, high availability systems.
- Great to get along with and can communicate complex technical issues.
- Experience deploying and maintaining continuous integration and deployment.
Born at Y Combinator, we take a modern approach to feature management and A/B testing. Our platform is used by the world’s biggest brands, serves billions of customers, and manages trillions of events. Taplytics helps product and development teams create, manage, and measure performance throughout the customer journey, across any platform - all within a single environment.
We pride ourselves on having an open, collaborative culture of passionate and focused team members who have fun while doing the best work of their careers. We have a product & engineering-driven culture with three of our co-founders coming from an Engineering background. Engineering is the largest team, making up almost 50% of our organization. Our engineering leadership team has created an atmosphere where they can create really cool stuff instead of just maintaining legacy systems. Moreover, you’re building them for really cool companies.
We also have a strong culture of learning. On top of our educational credit program, where we cover 90% of the cost for employees to upskill outside of work, the engineering department also hosts bi-weekly engineering lunch & learn and weekly company-wide engineering demo happy hours.
Work-life balance. We don’t glamorize overworking. We understand that we’re a team, not a family. We understand our employees have a life outside of work and we make sure our employees make use of our generous vacation policy to take time off for themselves and spend more time with their loved ones. This is critical to be able to refresh and do the best work of their careers here at Taplytics.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.