Senior Front End Engineer (React)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- $140k - $180k
- 0.044% - 0.087%
YC-Backed Taplytics is currently seeking a Senior React Engineer to come to help us tackle unique technical challenges! We run at petabyte scale on AWS delivering experiences to billions of devices, requiring unique scaling solutions. We are consistently iterating and improving our systems and workflows to improve how we develop code with a focus on producing the best product possible.
At Taplytics we’re building software for teams like our own. Our product and engineering teams get to use our own tools day-in and day-out. We find it extremely fun and rewarding to build something to make our own lives better, as well as the lives of our friends and colleagues.
To learn more about our platform, you can check out our Youtube page here!
About the Role: Senior Front End Engineer (React)
Taplytics is growing and is looking to increase the team’s experience base by adding a Senior React Engineer that can work with product and design to build great experiences for our users. You’ll get the chance to make key judgement calls that will impact the future of our company and our clients’ applications.
We operate using a microservice architecture with many services built using Node.js and Python. Our microservices are powered by various backend systems, including MongoDB, Snowflake, Redis, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and ElasticSearch. We run at petabyte scale delivering experiences to billions of devices, requiring unique scaling solutions. Our systems are hosted across AWS using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
Our modern web front-end is built using NextJS, against a NestJS backend. We are continuously building on a very advanced web dashboard with interactive interfaces to modify the layout of mobile applications in visual A/B Test Experiments, develop rich messaging campaigns across many platforms, and new interfaces for seamlessly connecting together all functionality in our platform. We are consistently iterating and improving our systems and workflows to improve how we develop code with a focus on producing the best product possible.
How you’ll make a huge impact:
- Take fully completed designs from Figma to reality
- Establish best practices and set standards for modern frontend development
- Level up other frontend engineers on the team
- Write elegant yet strong code that will be at the core of offering
- Focus on quality with continuous integration and deployment
- Create unit testing and integration testing strategies
- Participate in an iterative approach to product development
- Drive the architecture, product backlog and timelines
- Be a core member of a close-knit engineering team that ships code continuously
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- Strong understanding of React.js, NextJS, with at least 5 years of experience developing software.
- Experience using other frontend web frameworks.
- A deeply rooted love for testing.
- Can communicate complex technical issues.
- Proven history of making empathy-driven development decisions to ensure that delivering an amazing user experience is always at the top of mind.
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to design, implement, build and maintain our modern front-end website.
Born at Y Combinator, we take a modern approach to feature management and A/B testing. Our platform is used by the world’s biggest brands, serves billions of customers, and manages trillions of events. Taplytics helps product and development teams create, manage, and measure performance throughout the customer journey, across any platform - all within a single environment.
We pride ourselves on having an open, collaborative culture of passionate and focused team members who have fun while doing the best work of their careers. We have a product & engineering-driven culture with three of our co-founders coming from an Engineering background. Engineering is the largest team, making up almost 50% of our organization. Our engineering leadership team has created an atmosphere where they can create really cool stuff instead of just maintaining legacy systems. Moreover, you’re building them for really cool companies.
We also have a strong culture of learning. On top of our educational credit program, where we cover 90% of the cost for employees to upskill outside of work, the engineering department also hosts bi-weekly engineering lunch & learn and weekly company-wide engineering demo happy hours.
Work-life balance. We don’t glamorize overworking. We understand that we’re a team, not a family. We understand our employees have a life outside of work and we make sure our employees make use of our generous vacation policy to take time off for themselves and spend more time with their loved ones. This is critical to be able to refresh and do the best work of their careers here at Taplytics.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.