- Ruby on Rails
Yats are emoji usernames that become your universal internet identity, website URL, and payment address. Imagine a world where instead of being
johnsmith234 someone can be 🔥🐉 across every chat app, social network, metaverse, and beyond. Yat is one of the fastest-growing consumer products of all time. Creators use our custom-designed emojis to compose beautiful works of art with profound, human messages.
Our founding team includes Riccardo Spagni, the former lead maintainer of Monero, and Naveen Jain, the founder of Sparkart. We are backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, Slow Ventures, Arrington XRP Capital, and many more of the very best investors in the world.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help Yat Labs design the future of emoji identities. You’ll collaborate with other designers, design-oriented engineers, and product managers. You will be a core part of a small team that designs new features for Yat, from proposing initial concepts to helping ship high-quality features. You will be contributing to all aspects of product design and execution, including (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping). We look for problem solvers and great designers that can deliver beautiful visuals and are not afraid to take risks.
- You care deeply about communication, teamwork, and craftsmanship.
- You proactively bring people together to solve problems.
- You’re an excellent product storyteller.
- You are a systems-thinker and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
- You’re a pro collaborator, facilitator and communicator.
- You love personal growth as much as you live, eat and breathe product design.
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until it is pixel-perfect.
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Intrigued by the prospect of working at a consumer startup that’s at the intersection of digital identity, emojis, privacy, the creator economy, and NFTs, and is led by a founding team with significant prior success and deep industry credibility.
What You'll Do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle for both mobile, web, and desktop platforms and from wireframes to hi-fi prototypes.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Deeply understand our users through exploratory research.
- Help develop an overarching design system to aid rapid development and iteration.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Manage and guide contributions from external contributors.
- Extend existing visual styles and design patterns to new components and features.
- 5+ years experience
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker.
- Great written and verbal communication skills with experience collaborating with product and engineering teams to make product visions come to life.
- A skilled storyteller and ‘conceptor’, with experience working in a multidisciplinary environment to develop concepts that delight customers and deliver business results
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Ability to deeply empathize with different kinds of users.
- Experience running and consuming UX research
- Experience with branding and marketing
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work
That's all to say: these job listings are approximations! If you're a curious and passionate person, we want to hear from you. We are all generalists who like to dip our toes into different fields and skillsets, so if a job isn't a 100% fit, don't worry!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.
About Tari Labs
Tari is a new open-source, decentralized protocol that reimagines the future of digital assets. Yats 🖖are emoji usernames that become your universal Internet identity 🗿website URL 💻 payment address 🤑 and more.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.