- Berlin, BE, Germany
- React Native
If you're a senior frontend React engineer looking to be a key contributor to a project with:
- Over 1mm page views/day
- Major media attention (we get regular spikes of 4mm+ views/day)
- A sophisticated, modern code base (we love functional components + hooks and hope you do too)
- Team culture built around code review, best practices, and constant growth
- 100% remote lifestyle and unlimited PTO
...then you may be exactly who we're looking for.
HERE'S THE LOW-DOWN:
We are a team within TechStyle Fashion Group managing the frontend for Rihanna's lingerie brand, Savage X Fenty. Now before you roll your eyes and think,
Yeah right, you just said you've got a modern and sophisticated code base, but you're just an e-commerce site!... think again.
This is not some cheap Shopify conversion job.
From our database architecture, to our backend APIs, to our machine learning algorithms, we build everything in-house and we build it to scale across TechStyle's 5 brands collectively getting over 10mm+ page views per day.
We also hire lots of outside help to lead our key architecture design decisions - like the architect of Walmart's React site, as well as key contributors to open source libraries you likely regularly use now (styled-components, for example).
We are a tech-first culture and you will be exposed to (and work inside) every aspect of a fully-scalable web platform with lots of traffic - as well as coworkers who will bend over backwards to help you grow.
And, to be clear, you will be building a real app - not static HTML/CSS.
We're currently looking for a senior React engineer who is ready to help discuss architecture decisions, commit bullet-proof & well-tested code (with feedback from the rest of the team of course), contribute heavily to code reviews, and mentor our junior engineers. We are VERY invested in everyone sharing knowledge within our team so we also ask that you be open to guidance, mentorship, and feedback as well :)
Does this sound like something you're interested in? Or maybe even close to something you're interested in?
We'd love to talk to you. Here are the details:
- 3+ years professional experience with React
- 3+ years professional experience writing unit tests
- Ready to contribute to code reviews from (almost) day 1
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers
- Growth mindset (our goal is constant improvement)
- Great Slack communication
- Availability during key Pacific Time hours (flexible for other time zones)
OUR TECH STACK (AKA NICE TO HAVE BUT WE'LL TEACH YOU):
- React 16 (hooks, Context, functional components - we love it all!)
- redux, redux-thunk, and redux-saga
- jest + react-testing-library + Cypress
- Express/NodeJS/NestJS on the backend (this is a frontend role but you will have the opportunity to work on our API if interested)
- Do we need to say git, babel, webpack, etc?
TechStyleOS is the globally integrated Operations and Services provider behind some of the fastest growing online fashion brands in history, including Fabletics, Savage X Fenty, JustFab, ShoeDazzle, and FabKids. With capabilities spanning technology, data science, supply chain management, fulfillment, customer service, and more, we help brands launch, scale and grow—across product categories and geographically. From predictive analytics to data-driven marketing and attribution, our unique approach is powered by our proprietary, end-to-end tech platform that enables the brands we serve to deliver a level of personalization, value, and satisfaction that are unrivaled in the fashion industry.
We love people and we love helping people grow. We're looking for someone who is all about learning, sharing and mentoring. We have a great relationship with our PMs and stakeholders to that we rarely incur tech debt. If we do, we ACTUALLY address it.
We were remote before it was cool, but often get together in LA for happy hours, events, and general fun. Covid sucks, but we still try to find time to hang out and have a break from work together.
- React Native
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.