Thanx is a fully-automated customer happiness platform for brick-and-mortar businesses.
Effortless for consumers: Thanx is the easiest way to automatically earn rewards at your favorite merchants — no plastic cards to carry and no check-ins required. Just shop with any credit or debit card.
Effortless for merchants: Thanx tracks and rewards consumer purchase activity without additional hardware or point-of-sale integration, allowing merchants to quickly customize retention marketing for their business.
Why join us?
Experiencing multiplier growth in key business metrics.
Huge impact joining a small, high-functioning, tightly-knit, fun team.
We have an amazing data set (offline consumer behavior data) that no company has really ever tapped into.
Engineering at Thanx, Inc.
- Structure —we are a flat organization. No titles, no egos. Just work and fun!
- Process — we have one-week sprints, usual Scrum ceremonies - a tight planning meeting, 5 min daily stand-ups and a retro.
- Tools — we use JIRA; we know it's not perfect but we don't let that get in the way. Slack and Google Hangouts are our go-to tools for communicating with folks that are remote/WFH.
- We model the life cycle of a brick and mortar customer. Super challenging technical challenges:
- systems — building and maintaining decoupled, highly-available services and apps.
- data - credit card/payments, SKU-level transactions, store-staff data.
- machine learning - statistical models to do customer segmentation, drive additional ROI via automated campaigns for merchants & recognition, rewards and VIP experiences for loyal customers.
Use NLP to do sentiment analysis on feedback merchants receive from their customers.
Build a pipeline to ingest data from various point-of-sale terminals to enable item-level and staff-analytics. e.g. kale salad is the most popular item in SOMA location, all customers Ellie served gave a 10 on NPS.
Working at Thanx, Inc.
Culture is important to us especially as we go through a period of rapid growth. We Embrace Diverse Perspectives. We Focus On What Matters. We Make It Happen. We Say “Thanx” Generously. As corny as it may be, we literally say “Thanx” to each other in company all-hands.
Take what you need vacation aka unlimited PTO.
We encourage you to grow, just ask and get it approved by your manager.
12 weeks paid.
80% covered for individuals. 60% covered for families.
Happy Hours. Hack Days. Volunteer Events. Bubble Soccer. Karaoke. We are just getting started, but there is much more!
Pre-tax dollars towards your commute.
Work from Home
If you need to WFH, just tell your team+manager and you are good!
Impromptu wellness breaks throughout the day.
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.