Head of Quantitative Research
- New York, NY, United States
- $150k - $250k
- 1.0% - 10.0%
About the role
At Theme, data is the most important element of our business. We import hundreds of millions of trades each day and test new ways to glean important data from those trades. As a great candidate for this role, you have substantial experience applying statistical methods to real and messy data. You understand the gaps in data and flaws in assumptions you make, and, most importantly, you know how to communicate them to inform real-world strategy. In this role, you will analyze and interpret this data to drive Theme’s technical trading strategies. You will also work with engineers to lay the foundations for a strong analytical practice by establishing core pipelines and models to deploy to production. Using analytical excellence, you will identify new trends and opportunities to create new strategies with the founders, as well as establish key frameworks and high standards for the team.
- Work with large financial market datasets and solve difficult analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods to find patterns in noisy financial data
- Develop and deploy sophisticated models to describe how the markets will behave
- Recruit and manage a small team; establish incredibly high standards of quality
- Build and prototype analytical pipelines - Develop comprehensive understanding of financial market data structures and metrics to drive improvements to Theme’s proprietary algorithms
- Conduct end-to-end analyses, including data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, backtesting, and presentations
- Read and stay up to date on the latest research papers in our field
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Bioinformatics, Economics) or equivalent practical experience
- 5 + years of experience in data analysis or related field as an Algorithmic Trader or Quantitative Researcher - 2 + years management experience
- Applied experience with machine learning on large, real-world datasets
- Experience with building statistical pipelines with modern frameworks (e.g., airflow, kafka), as well as a strong knowledge of Python and PostgreSQL
- Interest in financial markets, trading, and economics
About Theme Analytics
We're a quantitative trading firm whose trading strategies take advantage of the short-term price impact of institutional trades.
We focus on quality and calmness. Respond, don't react, and give it your all. And respect your peers.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.