Head of Engineering
- New York, NY, United States
- $150k - $250k
- 1.0% - 10.0%
About the role
We're looking for our first Head of Engineering team to work closely with the founders, Head of Data Science and our Software Engineers to execute product launches and roadmaps by building and improving the technical architecture that powers our research and production trading. You will help establish Theme’s engineering hygiene and technical infrastructure, as well as build and manage a team, while establishing standards and quality expectations. You will work directly with the founders to build a world-class technical operation.
- Build and improve Theme’s existing tech stack, both writing code and managing Theme’s current engineering team
- Understand technical architectures, capacity plans, tooling needs, automation plans, product launch plans, and create comprehensive plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges
- Establish incredibly high standards for work quality and attention to detail
- Iteratively improve processes like project management, code management, data quality to help the team operate efficiently
- Develop comprehensive understanding of financial market data structures and metrics, advocating for improvements to Theme’s proprietary algorithms
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of direct management experience in a technology company or extensive experience as a technical lead and formal project management or business training
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
- Expert skill in SQL and scripting languages (e.g., Postgres, Python); working knowledge across the entire stack
- Experience with developing data architectures to support analytics & production ML needs
- An Interest in financial markets, trading, and economics
About Theme Analytics
We're a quantitative trading firm whose trading strategies take advantage of the short-term price impact of institutional trades.
We focus on quality and calmness. Respond, don't react, and give it your all. And respect your peers.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.