Everyday, companies make purchases to run their businesses. As they scale, it gets harder and harder for them to maintain good practices and visibility. As a result, employees buy without informing the right stakeholders, people forget about unused subscriptions that continue to auto-renew; budget owners don't know how they're doing against their budget until it's too late …
Trace is a spend management platform for medium to large enterprises that benefits everybody in the company:
• Employees get a delightful experience to purchase, pay, and manage their finance requests.
• Budget owners gain full visibility toward the past, present and future purchase commitments.
• Finance team automates the tedious back office work and lower the risk of unmanaged spend.
Why join us?
Proven team with senior leadership and subject-matter expertise. Mike our CEO was VP of Finance at Zenefits; Martin managed multiple Product and Engineering teams at Box.
We recently raised from some of the best investors in the world.
Good signs of market fit with a dozen companies ready to participate in our beta.
Large software market $35B+ and larger B2B payments market $90B+. Every company struggles with their spend management. Information is scattered in a bunch of spreadsheet exports, endless email threads, contracts in employees folders, bank statements, etc. Without visibility, it's hard to feel accountable. This is a problem every company has, and this is what we want to solve with you.
Experience building and launching products at scale and successful exit in the past.
You’ll be able to help build and launch our initial product.
First 10 employees set the culture and have incredible influence on the business.
Significant equity ownership.
Engineering at Trace
We've just raised our seed round, so you will participate in the early stage of the product development. We want to bring you and other talented engineers to make a big impact. Martin previously led multiple engineering teams at Box. We want to leverage the same best practices that you can find in other great companies in the valley (code reviews, 1-on-1s, performance reviews, etc.).
There's a large variety of problems to solve. To name a few:
• how to keep our Single Page Application ultra responsive and fast to load,
• how to structure our API to keep the various services decoupled, easy to understand, secured and performant.
• how to store the company financial data so that it can be digested and presented in reports that are flexible, fast to load, etc.
• how can you leverage the collected data to provide more value to our customers (think machine learning and AI to do things like invoice and contract analysis, vendor recommendation, data anomaly detection)
• how do we monitor and manage our infrastructure and keep it secure?
Working at Trace
• Make work you're proud of: we solve hard problems and we build for leverage.
• Have the hard conversation: We believe in direct, frank and open communication. Access to the right information is critical to the success of the individual, team and company.
• Be the person you want to work with: someone who’s able to listen carefully your thoughts, who’s solving for the team, who’s technically impressive and who behave like an owner.
Interested in this company?
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.