Lead Android Engineer
- Chicago, IL, United States
- $100k - $140k
- 0.25% - 0.50%
You will be the second Android engineer on the team. You will work with our designer to create beautiful user interfaces for our Android app. You will dive in to rendering code and solving performance issues. You will take initiative and expand test coverage in critical areas. You will improve or help create processes that ensure a high-quality app. You will do whatever it takes to solve the business problem at hand. If being overwhelmed by hard engineering challenges sounds fun, you might be a fit.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience building Android apps. You’ve either been a lead engineer or are ready to take that leap.
- Deep UI expertise along with broad understanding of Android APIs.
- Strong opinions on the right way to build software. We’ll expect to hear them from day 1.
- Passion for continuous learning. Great engineers aren’t born. They’re made.
- Experience with Dependency Injection and/or music are big pluses but not required.
Trala is a technology powered music education company. Our mission is to make world-class music education accessible to every single person on Earth. Right now, private music lessons are available only to the rich and urban. Imagine instead a world where all 4 billion people who will pick up an instrument in the next 20 years could get world-class lessons. Imagine how much more music and joy there would be in the world. That is the future we’re obsessed with realizing.
Learning and growth are our mantras. Join us for the opportunity to work on bigger, more interesting, and more impactful projects than anywhere else.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.