Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (US-Remote)
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Transcend believes everyone should be in control of their personal information. We’re pioneering Data Privacy Infrastructure—a powerful technology that lets individuals reclaim control of their data and ensures companies can easily comply with global data privacy laws.
Our platform enables companies like Robinhood, Patreon, and Indiegogo to provide customers with control over their information. We allow these customers to request, identify, and delete their personal information from a growing suite of integrated companies: from Salesforce to Slack, Facebook, Zendesk, Intercom, and beyond.
This position is for US only.
As a Frontend Software Engineer at Transcend, you will help us build and maintain the core Transcend application, as well as contribute to new products and initiatives, such as:
- Data Privacy Infrastructure: This is our bread-and-butter. We help companies process data requests from their customers by directly integrating with 3rd party systems through a proxy application called Sombra, which encrypts the data end-to-end. You’ll work closely with this application and build features on top of it.
- Consent Management: A firewall for the frontend, which will regulate requests (and therefore data collection) based on the user’s privacy preferences. Watch our PEPR talk to learn more!
- Data Mapping: A tool for discovering where our customers store their customer’s PII (personally identifiable information). We help our customers answer questions like: who are all the vendors that process sensitive information? What data is stored in our data warehouses? Can we be notified when sensitive data shows up in a new system?
- Self-serve signup, expiry, and billing: We want to make it super easy for customers to try, buy, and use our product!
What You'll Do
- Collaborate and contribute to projects like self-serve signup and billing, Consent Management, and Data Mapping. The main challenge you'll be tackling here is:
How do I build an intuitive interface for non-technical users to interact with these highly technical products?
- Work on building up our core UI components library and standardize usage across the code base
- Implement customer-requested features and integrations
- Proactively fix production and development issues
Who You Are
- You have around 3 or more years of experience in software development.
- You have a good track record of shipping beautiful, intuitive, and accessible UI features using React. Knowing Typescript is a big plus!
- You know how to ship production-ready code. You should know what tests to write, what to log, what metrics to capture, what alerts to set up.
- You're effective at tackling large, somewhat open-ended problems. We're a small team, and not every problem will have a fully spec-ed out solution for you to implement. Spec-gathering, writing design docs, validating potential solutions with teammates, and decomposing work are all part of the job.
- You’re able to identify trade-offs and take them into consideration when making decisions (e.g, speediness vs tech debt vs cutting scope). You can articulate which factors have higher priority depending on the context.
- You are effective at async and online methods of communication. Our team is mostly distributed (some co-locate in SF), so the ability to clearly and thoughtfully communicate despite the space and time barriers is very important.
- Familiarity with our tech stack/libraries: Bootstrap, GraphQL, Apollo.
We believe that turning the principles of data privacy into exercisable human rights is one of the most high-impact ways we can spend our time, and so we're building an ambitious team that’s passionate about solving important problems and having fun while doing it.
As the best-in-class solution in a new market, Transcend is a fast-paced and exciting workplace. The product evolves quickly to meet new client needs and adapts to the rapidly advancing world of privacy law. As one of Transcend’s earliest hires, you’ll get to work on a wide array of exciting projects.
Transcend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Transcend builds Data Privacy Infrastructure, which gives individuals control of their data and helps companies comply with global data privacy laws.
We’re backed by Accel & Index, growing fast, and are serving some of the most iconic brands in the world.
Transcend is a small but mighty team. We believe in building an ambitious team that’s passionate about solving difficult but important problems, and having fun while doing it!
A “day in the life” at Transcend is admittedly in a state of change. Transcend recently became a remote-first company, but for those who still want a co-working space, we still have an office in downtown SF. The company culture continues to form, and our early team will play a big part in influencing it. That said, some things have crystallized: we’re strongly mission-driven, serious about the outcome of our product, and we have built a team based on transparency and trust.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.