- San Francisco, CA, United States
Transcend believes everyone should be in control of their personal information. We’re pioneering Data Privacy Infrastructure—a powerful technology that lets individuals reclaim control of their data and ensures companies can easily comply with global data privacy laws.
Our platform enables companies like Robinhood, Patreon, and Indiegogo to provide customers with control over their information. We allow these customers to request, identify, and delete their personal information from a growing suite of integrated companies: from Salesforce to Slack, Facebook, Zendesk, Intercom, and beyond.
As a Software Engineer at Transcend, you will help us build and maintain the core Transcend application, as well as contribute to new products and initiatives, such as:
- Data Privacy Infrastructure: This is our bread-and-butter. We help companies process data requests from their customers by directly integrating with 3rd party systems through a proxy application called Sombra, which encrypts the data end-to-end. You’ll work closely with this application and build integration-related features on top of it.
- Expand the integrations catalog (from hundreds to thousands!): We need to figure out how to build integrations faster and more reliably. To this end, you’ll help us optimize our deployment pipeline and devise better testing strategies.
- Self-serve signup, expiry, and billing: We want to make it super easy for customers to try, buy, and use our product!
What You'll Do
- Collaborate and contribute to projects like self-serve signup and billing and improve the integrations-building pipeline, etc.
- Work on building up our core UI components library and standardize usage across the code base
- Implement customer-requested features and integrations
- Proactively fix production and development issues
Who You Are
- You’re a fast learner and you’re not afraid to ask for help when stuck. You’re good at identifying your own assumptions and gaps, and work to proactively address them. You try to not ask the same questions twice.
- You're effective at tackling large, somewhat open-ended problems. We're a small team, and not every problem will have a fully spec-ed out solution for you to implement. Spec-gathering, writing design docs, validating potential solutions with teammates, and decomposing work are all part of the job.
- You’re able to identify trade-offs and take them into consideration when making decisions (e.g, speediness vs tech debt vs cutting scope). You can articulate which factors have higher priority depending on the context.
- You are effective at async and online methods of communication. Our team is mostly distributed (some co-locate in SF), so the ability to clearly and thoughtfully communicate despite the space and time barriers is very important.
- Bonus points if you're already familiar with the tools we use: Terraform, Docker, AWS (Serverless, ECS, Aurora, etc.), React, GraphQL
Transcend builds Data Privacy Infrastructure, which gives individuals control of their data and helps companies comply with global data privacy laws.
We’re backed by Accel & Index, growing fast, and are serving some of the most iconic brands in the world.
Transcend is a small but mighty team. We believe in building an ambitious team that’s passionate about solving difficult but important problems, and having fun while doing it!
A “day in the life” at Transcend is admittedly in a state of change. Transcend recently became a remote-first company, but for those who still want a co-working space, we still have an office in downtown SF. The company culture continues to form, and our early team will play a big part in influencing it. That said, some things have crystallized: we’re strongly mission-driven, serious about the outcome of our product, and we have built a team based on transparency and trust.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.