- San Francisco, CA, United States
Transcend is a powerful data privacy tool designed to provide maximum consumer protection by a team that cares deeply about data privacy and code quality. Our platform enables companies like Robinhood, Patreon, and Indiegogo to provide customers with control over their information. We allow these customers to request, identify, and delete their personal information from a growing suite of integrated companies: from Salesforce to Slack, Facebook, Zendesk, Intercom, and beyond.
We are looking for a senior engineer to join us in building the future of data privacy. In this role you would be working as part of our core engineering team. As a member of the Transcend team, you will hone your skills in an inclusive culture of autonomy, mastery, and close collaboration.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate on new products, especially guiding our Consent Management tool
- Implement new features in existing products
- Perpetuate a culture of collaborative transparency and knowledge-sharing by:
- Asking questions early and often
- Teaching what you know through clear documentation, traceable GitHub Issues, presentations (optional), and by providing input during design and code review
- Maintain a privacy-focused security mindset
- Inform the short- and long-term architectural decisions that will allow us to continue meeting customer needs while keeping our codebase performant and maintainable
Who you are:
- You love informing and creating a good customer experience
- You have strong JS/frontend experience
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge
- You care deeply about software quality and testing
- You value clear, open communication
- You like being a generalist (we're still a small team!)
- You have 5+ years experience as a software engineer with a recent front-end focus
- You’ve worked with more than one front-end state management solution and can explain tradeoffs
- You have experience balancing the desire to use the most cutting-edge solutions available with the need to avoid endless churn
- You are comfortable with a development and deployment pipeline that includes Docker, Terraform, Postgres, CircleCI, etc. (we do not expect you to be an expert)
- You haven’t been banned from the Reactiflux Discord
Transcend builds Data Privacy Infrastructure, which gives individuals control of their data and helps companies comply with global data privacy laws.
We’re backed by Accel & Index, growing fast, and are serving some of the most iconic brands in the world.
Transcend is a small but mighty team, hiring the brightest people in our field. We believe in building an ambitious team that’s passionate about solving difficult but important problems, and having fun while doing it!
A “day in the life” at Transcend is admittedly in a state of change. Transcend moved into its own office in January and is hiring fast. The company culture continues to form, and our early team will play a big part in influencing it. That said, some things have crystallized: we’re strongly mission-driven, serious about the outcome of our product, and we have built a team based on transparency and trust.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.