- San Francisco
- $80k - $180k
- 0.5% - 5.0%
Trash Warrior(https://www.trashwarrior.com/) is an early-stage urban tech startup in San Francisco. The core product (currently in https://bookbeta.trashwarrior.com/ ) is an on-demand marketplace of waste management for business clients. Trash Warrior is a 500 Startups company, with other investments from notable institutions including Lightspeed Ventures, Altair VC, and Alumni Ventures Group.
We have been using high quality remote engineers to develop the technology so far, guided by a few incredible engineering advisors. The company is growing quickly, and we are ready to hire the first full time engineer. This Full Stack Tech Lead role is expected to be both an individual contributor (in the short run) as well as a people and project manager (3-6 months after your start date): you are expected to do 50% of coding and 50% of managing a distributed and remote engineering team.
Trash Warrior is a high pace environment, and we are looking for someone who can adapt to a startup’s fast paced environment. It’s important that you develop a strong sense of ownership towards achieving the specified objectives. It is important that this person demonstrates leadership qualities, high ethical behavior, and strives for cross team collaboration.
- Maintain, develop, and improve the current product, based on user feedback and company roadmap.
- Collaborating with Product and Operation, scope out the engineering roadmap and priorities.
- Hire and manage a mostly remote engineering team.
- Perform the typical technical program management responsibilities for the engineering team (daily standup, triage, etc).
- 3+ years front end experience, including deep experience in React, Redux, Webpack and other modern frameworks and tooling .
- Golang or Node web server development.
- Familiarity with postgres and database design.
- Familiarity with AWS technologies and ability to deploy and maintain infrastructure on AWS.
- Mac / Linux users preferred.
- At least 2 years or more experience in a senior engineering role or above.
- Project lead or tech lead experience is preferred. People management experience is preferred.
- Experience leading a remote or distributed team is strongly preferred.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Spanish is preferred. Excellent communication skills, and having an understanding of over-communication in leading a remote team.
- Experience leading a remote or distributed team.
- Experience and passion in sustainability, environmental science and logistics industry is strongly preferred.
Perks + culture:
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Health benefits
- Great office location to work in downtown San Francisco
- A flat, collaborative, and fun team environment
- Ability to claim and create ownership based on your interest
- Ability to grow and hire your own team
- Plenty of room for expedited promotion at a fast-paced start-up
About Trash Warrior
Trash Warrior is an on-demand platform that provides instant, affordable, and reliable waste management services to business clients. Our dream is to make the world a cleaner place with drastically better waste management. The company is based in San Francisco.
Since launching in September 2019, it has been growing 60% month-over month. The company is a batch company of 500 Startups. Investors include Lightspeed, Altair VC, 500 Startups, Alumni Ventures Group, Lyft CPO.
We value a scrappy and self-starting attitude to implement and iterate on engineering. As a small and close knit team, we value team work and genuine interpersonal communication. We value your happiness and fulfillment at work, while achieving our ambitious goal to make the world a cleaner place.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.