- $100k - $150k
- 0.1% - 5.0%
About this role
Traverse is augmenting white collar professional engineering by 10x: from site investigations to singular project optimizations to country scale simulations. We are empowering civil, mechanical and electrical engineers do the most creative part of their job - that of exacting engineering judgement by removing all the frictional and tedious work involved in designing highways, power plants, transmission lines, pipelines, data centers and EV charging networks.
Things you will be doing
In this role, you will be shadowing such engineers and working closely within the team to modularize and automate their workflows:
- You will work on methods to extract and clean unstructured data - sometimes all you will have are scanned PDFs.
- You will translate (non-software) engineering methodologies and equations into code and software in collaboration with the team.
- You will implement efficient algorithms, primarily of a geospatial nature, that evaluates billions to trillions of project permutations that span across countries and continents.
- You will work on reverse engineering poorly documented SDKs of various hardware vendors ranging from LIDAR to rain gauges and architect abstracted platforms for the seamless streaming of this output data into the larger simulation platform.
- You will have to API-fy various scientific and engineering software and daisy chain them into the larger simulation platform.
- You will work on statistics and probabilities of datasets in n-dimensions.
We’re looking for someone who
- Has 3-7 years experience in software development.
- Can pick up new programming languages quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and iterate with non-software stakeholders to design solutions.
- Cares deeply about users, customers and team work more so than frameworks and language.
- Has key traits of humility, curiosity, growth and nice-ness.
You're excited about us because we offer
- Competitive compensation as well as equity.
- Perks: insurance, commute, meals, phone bill.
- A chance to revolutionize professional engineering and reduce the cost and risks associated with deploying infrastructure on a global scale.
Traverse provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
About Traverse Technologies
Where are the best places in the world to build a wind farm or a hydropower dam? Traverse is an AI driven professional engineering firm focused on answering these types of question. We use AI, high performance computing and automation to speed up traditional prospecting, feasibility assessment and front end engineering work by 10x. Traverse can prospect for exceptionally high ROI project configurations across entire countries and also optimize the returns of individual projects amongst billions of potential permutations, helping our customers eliminate development risks dramatically.
Work culture: communicative and verbose, math and science bent, arguments revolve around evidence or path towards evidence, patience in helping each other but impatient to learn something new or prove a hypothesis, plan lightly but attempt and iterate quickly, responsible and meticulous.
Social culture: chill, mostly shorts and slippers, drink a lot of boba, plays board games, food focus: go out a lot for dinner and lunch to highly reviewed places, mostly non political and pensive bunch.
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.