Founding Tech Lead / Engineering Manager
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $140k - $160k
- 1.0% - 10.0%
- Google Cloud
We are looking for a technical, product-oriented engineering leader with a “find a way or make a way” attitude who wants to report to the CEO, build and lead a founding team of 3-4 engineers, and make a big impact.
This opportunity is for someone excited for autonomy, ownership, and breadth of responsibility.
We are a brand new, VC-backed company built for speed:
- Small team, fast-paced, we all get a lot done by everyone wearing many hats.
- We are serious about optimizing our time and staying focused on the most important goals and outcomes.
- We have remote team members and are completely on board with 100% remote work.
- We coordinate using a kanban board, hold a daily standup, and mostly communicate via ad hoc video calls and Slack.
- Our software uses modern technologies, such as NodeJS and React, and it lives on the Google Cloud Platform.
Build something challenging.
This isn't just another CRUD application. Your challenge will be to deliver a highly-available service on top of a dynamic collection of third-party data sources whose priority is anything other than making your job easy. Explore the limits of your own resourcefulness by designing human and automated systems that deliver true reliability in an otherwise unpredictable environment.
See if you are a fit.
- 5-10 years experience working in back-end applications
- 2+ years experience working with front-end applications
- Deep familiarity with ES6/NodeJS including deep understanding of promises, async/await
- Proven dedication to creating maintainable, functional and reliable systems.
- Consistent demonstration of grit, collaboration, curiosity, teamwork, ownership and integrity
- Sharp focus on company objectives and mission at hand.
- Ability to pass a background check. Have appropriate work authorization.
- 2+ years experience building and managing a team of engineers
- Familiarity with Chromium/Puppeteer and DOM manipulation/selection
- Set an example for the rest of the team for professionalism, quality of work and communication
- Contribute at a lead/architect level across the stack to Trellis technical projects, including backend code, scrapers and our frontend SDKs
- Develop and architect green field projects as required
- Directly manage a tech team of 2-4 other developers, including regular 1:1s, performance and development coaching/mentorship and project/task management and delegation.
- Work in a team environment and contribute to our culture of continuous improvement
- Produce maintainable, functional, highly reliable and performant code
- Participate in regular code reviews and process retrospectives
- Ensure the technical feasibility of system architecture and design
Founded in 2019, and backed by a syndicate of top VC's led by General Catalyst, Trellis is on a mission to remove the forms, hassle, and jargon preventing consumers from getting the right insurance with the best value.
We offer elegant, modern software and API's that make it safer and easier for anyone to share private insurance information and for developers to replace complex and effortful user journeys with personalized, delightful experiences.
In the market for personal lines of insurance, where $25+ billion are spent each year just on marketing and distribution, this is a very big deal. If you have car insurance, you can try our demo at https://trellisconnect.com/demo
We remove the forms, hassle, and jargon from personal lines of insurance (e.g. home and auto) to make it fast, simple, and easy for all of us get the right coverage with the best value.
We do this with elegant, modern software and API's that make it safer and easier for anyone to share private insurance information and for developers to replace complex and effortful user journeys with personalized, delightful experiences.
In the market for personal lines of insurance, where $25+ billion are spent each year just on marketing and distribution, this is a very big deal. If you have car insurance, you can try our demo at https://savvy.insure
Gritty/Resilient, Collaborative, Ownership Oriented, Curious, Honest, Empathetic, Inclusive. We value effort, capability, and cultural contribution.
- Google Cloud
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.