- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS Lambda
We are looking for a senior full-stack software engineer to lead the development of core features and infrastructure for our product. Engineering is the core of our company. Your work will directly improve the financial health of our users, and will directly affect and be seen by hundreds of thousands of users.
This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the CTO.
What will you do?
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain software across the stack from frontend to backend to infrastructure.
- Develop, articulate, and prioritize software requirements by working closely with the product, design, growth, and marketing teams.
- Use data-driven development and decision making to improve the performance, robustness, and scalability of our systems.
- Invest in tools and automation to scale your impact and improve productivity across the whole team.
- Teach, mentor and learn from your teammates. Lead and participate in interesting internal tech talks.
- Support a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design tradeoffs. Navigate between shipping quickly and long-term maintainability.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A desire to use their talents to make the world a better place.
- Working experience in SQL (data modeling, query analysis and optimization).
- A deep understanding of the fundamentals of the web.
- Prior experience at a high-growth, early-stage company.
- A keen eye for product and user experience.
- Ability to think critically and independently.
- Demonstrable interest in learning and adopting new tools and techniques.
Experience and understanding in some of the following areas:
- Complex single-page applications .
- AWS architecture
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Microservices architecture
- Non-relational databases
- Large-scale data storage and processing
Some projects you might work on in your first few months:
- Lead the full-stack development of a new product that identifies key insights into a consumer’s financial habits and guides them with actionable steps to achieve financial independence.
- Build a pub/sub layer to allow the frontend to receive real-time backend data updates without polling.
- Create a data model to measure and identify user income from transaction data.
- Reduce the size of the React application bundle by enabling code splitting by route.
- Migrate terabytes of data stored within PostgreSQL to a separate service with its own data store and distinct scaling characteristics.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Trim’s mission is to radically change financial health outcomes for Americans at scale.
People’s finances are often difficult. Nearly all Americans would like to — and can! — improve their financial situation. Trim’s goal is to get customers to feel confident, secure and in control of their financial lives.
We improve financial health outcomes for Americans at scale by automating financial tasks that save users money, fight fees, and get consumers out of debt.
Our mission — to radically change financial outcomes for Americans at scale — is at the root of everything we do. This idea and our users' needs are at the center of strategic, operational, product, and engineering decisions across the company. We're looking for passionate people who seek to use their talents to make the world a better place.
We place a high degree of emphasis on ownership and collaboration. As a small team, every team member has influence in the broader company direction and is empowered and expected to have their own opinions.
We are a tight knit bunch and highly value team culture. Weekly happy hours, monthly outings, and quarterly offsites are just a few ways that we connect with each other!
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS Lambda
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.