- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS Lambda
Trim is a venture backed fintech startup based in San Francisco. Founded with the mission of making people financially healthy at scale, we have saved our users millions of dollars since our founding 4 years ago, and we have just scratched the surface.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on technical leader to join our engineering team. Your work will directly improve the financial health of our users, and will affect hundreds of thousands of users. You will leverage a strong drive and desire to get things done in a fast-paced environment while supporting and elevating your peers across the engineering team.
This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the CTO.
What will you do?
- Lead technical projects from idea through planning, architecture, implementation, testing, and deployment into production, in collaboration with a team of high-performing software engineers.
- Spend the majority of your time on hands-on technical architecture, design, and implementation.
- Work closely with the product, design, growth, and marketing teams to solve complex business problems and be a strong advocate for product and engineering excellence.
- Use data-driven development and decision making to improve the performance, robustness, and scalability of our systems.
- Invest in tools and automation to scale the team’s impact and productivity.
- Teach and mentor other engineers, helping them grow to reach their career goals.
- Support a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design tradeoffs.
What we look for:
- History of technical ownership for significant engineering projects
- 8+ years of full time, full-stack web application development experience across frontend, backend, and infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience building backend services and APIs with frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, Node.js, or similar
- Solid understanding of relational database modeling, design, and performance analysis
- Entrepreneurial, persistent, with a strong desire to go into the details
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, early-stage startup with the ability to earn trust across the team
- A keen eye for product and user experience
- Ability to think critically and independently
Why work at Trim?
- Work with our high-performing, upbeat, and highly-collaborative team.
- Move quickly and gain significant ownership over your results.
- Commute easily to our office at 14th and Market St. in San Francisco.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Full benefits, including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Standard start-up perks: catered lunches, delicious snacks, and a variety of succulents.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Trim’s mission is to radically change financial health outcomes for Americans at scale.
People’s finances are often difficult. Nearly all Americans would like to — and can! — improve their financial situation. Trim’s goal is to get customers to feel confident, secure and in control of their financial lives.
We improve financial health outcomes for Americans at scale by automating financial tasks that save users money, fight fees, and get consumers out of debt.
Our mission — to radically change financial outcomes for Americans at scale — is at the root of everything we do. This idea and our users' needs are at the center of strategic, operational, product, and engineering decisions across the company. We're looking for passionate people who seek to use their talents to make the world a better place.
We place a high degree of emphasis on ownership and collaboration. As a small team, every team member has influence in the broader company direction and is empowered and expected to have their own opinions.
We are a tight knit bunch and highly value team culture. Weekly happy hours, monthly outings, and quarterly offsites are just a few ways that we connect with each other!
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS Lambda
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.