- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $150k - $250k
- 0.015% - 0.150%
- Ruby on Rails
Triplebyte’s engineering team is growing fast, and we need to maintain our velocity as we scale. This means designing lightweight processes, aligning our efforts across functions, and removing obstacles to productivity. We need an experienced engineering manager who can creatively solve problems to support their team.
- Understand your team’s strengths and weaknesses, and grow their capacity and capabilities through professional development and hiring
- Evaluate individual performance, rewarding exceptional contributions and addressing underperformance
- Define roles and responsibilities within the team, setting expectations accordingly
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships in support of business goals
- Ensure that everyone on your team has ready access to the information and tools they need to do their job well
- Design, implement, and evolve methodology to suit the needs of the team and stakeholders
- Partner with product managers to prioritize work effectively, and ensure that requirements are clearly defined
- Ensure that your team maintains appropriate standards and tooling for code quality, tests, etc.
- Provide guidance in key technical decisions, taking into account business goals, team needs and preferences, and other relevant considerations
What You Need to be Successful
- People management experience for a team of 5-8 engineers (including hiring, performance management, coaching, etc.)
- Experience collaborating closely with product managers
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies and tools for managing software projects
- Ability to be effective in the fast-paced and constantly shifting environment of a growing company. Startup experience preferred
- Software engineering background, familiarity with current web application frameworks
Triplebyte is transforming the way software engineers are hired. Our mission is to build an open, valuable and skills-based credential for all engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background.
Companies like Apple, Facebook, Dropbox and American Express trust Triplebyte’s technical assessment to identify the best engineers for their open roles and reduce the time and effort it takes to hire them.
We raised a $35 million Series B and our team of 52 is growing.
We have a laid-back, friendly office culture. Over lunch you'll often find us discussing the latest in technology, books, and pop culture, and then maybe getting in a quick game of chess or babyfoot (foosball).
Since we're an early-stage company, we move fast, and it's important that each member of our team is able to take ownership of projects by defining problems, brainstorming solutions, and running experiments.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.