Senior Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- $115k - $300k
- 0.015% - 0.150%
- Ruby on Rails
Come help us build the future of software engineer hiring!
Triplebyte is on a mission to rethink hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We’re cutting through the noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background. Companies from stealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte.
It’s exciting to be at Triplebyte now. We’ve already found strong product-market fit on the company side. Sales is crushing their quarterly goals, quarter after quarter, having doubled our runway since the pandemic began. We’re also seeing a strong increase in company signups on our new bet, Screen. Finally, coming out of the pandemic, recruiting is an industry that’s primed to grow faster than almost any other industry, and we’re poised to ride this wave.
You can read more about our company and hear from our founders in the press here:
- Triplebyte raises $35M for its online coding test and credentialing service for hiring engineers
- Triplebyte incubates ColorStack to increase Black and Latinx representation in CS programs
- CNBC (Your Next Job Interview Could be with a Robot)
- Building an Engineering Team - Harj Taggar and Ammon Bartram
About the role
We’re currently hyper-focused on two areas, Job Search and Screen, and our team is accordingly split on these lines.
On the Job Search Squad, we’re tackling two problems. Outsiders looking to break into tech feel stuck, having to send hundreds of applications to get a single interview. On the flip side, insiders want to find the RIGHT next job, but the information they care about is not out in the open, and interviewing repeatedly for this information is time-consuming and stressful. We believe there’s an opportunity for something much better, and we’re building that experience.
Screen is what happens when we repurpose our assessments from being a credentialing tool for candidates to a screening tool for companies. When it comes to recruiting, the biggest pain point for companies is the time drain of vetting (esp. inbound) candidates. Backed by extensive psychometric research, Screen helps hiring managers vet better and find the right candidates faster, reducing the number of interviews they have to do themselves. For candidates, there’s also no reason to do the same assessments over and over for different companies. Screen therefore has the opportunity to become the “common app” for software engineering hiring.
What you'll do
- Build new and exciting product features together with our product and design teams. Translate product specs into working features.
- Collaborate with other engineers, learning from them and mentoring them.
- Be excited to work in new areas and learn new things when needed.
- Elevate the status quo and push for higher development standards. Lead discussions about improving our processes and figuring out the best product ideas.
What you'll need to be successful
- Strong proficiency and demonstrated experience in developing modern web applications.
- Strong proficiency with these or analogous technologies: Rails, React, Redux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Heroku, AWS, Docker + more
- Proven track record of taking ownership of projects and initiatives end-to-end; ability to work across the stack and learn new skills as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment; has the good judgment to make explicit trade-offs about speed and quality when necessary.
- Ability to ingest complex project requirements and execute on them.
Bonus points if you:
- Are passionate about helping people find jobs and creating a more just software engineering hiring marketplace.
- Have a strong bias for action.
- Are an amazing communicator (esp. in a remote environment).
- Lead initiatives where you see a need exists.
- Guide and mentor others on your team and beyond.
- Are highly creative (we all are!).
Even if your experience doesn’t match all of the above requirements, we invite you to apply anyways! We recognize that talent comes in different forms. Our business is matching engineers with their next great opportunity, regardless of background, and we apply the same ethos to our internal hiring. We're looking for a team member with enthusiasm and the ability to do the job, not a perfect resume.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer paid health, vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunches (when we're back in the office)
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants (in any aspect of employment, including, but not limited to recruiting and hiring, job assignment, compensation, opportunities for advancement, promotion, transfers, evaluation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination), on the basis of any characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Triplebyte is transforming the way software engineers are hired. Our mission is to build an open, valuable and skills-based credential for all engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background.
Companies like Apple, Facebook, Dropbox and American Express trust Triplebyte’s technical assessment to identify the best engineers for their open roles and reduce the time and effort it takes to hire them.
We raised a $35 million Series B and our team of 52 is growing.
We have a laid-back, friendly office culture. Over lunch you'll often find us discussing the latest in technology, books, and pop culture, and then maybe getting in a quick game of chess or babyfoot (foosball).
Since we're an early-stage company, we move fast, and it's important that each member of our team is able to take ownership of projects by defining problems, brainstorming solutions, and running experiments.
- Ruby on Rails
Skip straight to final-round interviews by applying through Triplebyte.